Monday, June 27, 2016

Christmas in July*****

This year I joined KimM who is hosting Christmas in July....and Saturday I received my exchange package....
and of course since there is no Christmas tree up yet, I tucked it into my small palm tree.....so if you recognize this package as yours, thank you and it has been safely received! The hard part is not opening it until July 25th! that is why I have left it in the bubble wrap to prevent me from handling the gifts.....I will be good----I will be good....My exchange will be ready for mailing by the requested date....almost complete.
Today it is a cloudy start to the day. The temps is 90 and a slight chance of rain/dust/winds which is all part of the daily forecast now that we are in Monsoon season. The temps for today are expected to be around 111......even without the sun shining it is hot. The heat does bring out
the lizards.... this guy was sitting outside my living room window last evening. I think he is a Desert Spiny Lizard....he has a band of color on his throat of yellow, teal and a black band. They are rather large, a body of around 5.5 inches then the tail which is probably the same. I have not, thank goodness the opportunity to actually measure one, but I judge from the surroundings when I see them. I did some stitching yesterday, not too much because I just could not settle on doing anything! Okay, I was lazy. I am planning hoping to accomplish more today. I really need to buckle down. Mr H is really doing well. Has times of discomfort and has abandoned the walker. Unfortunately with feeling better also comes the "I can do" attitude so I still nag a little. So glad to have the time to chat with you....thank you for your friendship and kind words. Hope you have a great day.















Palm trees and a cloudy morning...

10 comments:

Annie said...

What willpower! I could never stand to wait if a package arrived for me.

How close do you ever get to the lizards? He looks scary even though my brother always says they are 'cute'.

Tiffstitch said...

How exciting to receive your gift and good luck finishing yours off in good time. I hope Mr. H continues to take it easy as much as possible, and great photo of the lizard, wow!

Vickie said...

Oh Gracie, I much prefer the picture of the palm trees to the lizard!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like your substitute Christmas Tree! I'm sure there is something lovely inside the package.

Bea said...

I'm impressed that you can wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Nice photos of both the lizard and the palm trees. Fingers crossed Mr. H doesn't overdo.

butterfly said...

Wow thats hot , I love the lizard.

Chookyblue...... said...

Find a nice cool spot.....I love seeing the lizards sunning themselves...... Glad the Mr is doing well......

Julie said...

So good to visit and read Mr H is healing well, that is good news.
Phew .... that is way to hot for me, not sure I would like your friend looking in my window.
Your punchneedle looks fabulous.
xx

KimM said...

Be good....be good....walk by the palm tree and look the other way 😃....I know you can do it! Glad to hear Mr. H is feeling better...hope you can stitch a bit today and relax. Stay cool.
xxx

Heather S said...

I'm impressed that you can wait so long. I would be feeling and shaking to see if I could guess ahead of time.