Friday, June 24, 2016

Ready to fly~~~~~

I am so pleased with this my second Punch Needle project.....I am learning as I go. For example...I do not need to punch so close to each row...a little more space is better. Most of the time I am leaving a space between rows... then I think it will not be full enough and I get off track. This had Rayon threads so that was new to me. I am already thinking of the next one! We are still in our heat but they removed the Heat Advisory, because the temps will only be in the 115 range...still hot no matter what you call it. This is also the start of the Monsoon season...dust and lightening/rain storms. I will remain in and out only when necessary. Mr H is starting to pay attention to what he is not suppose to do and is feeling much better. Yesterday was our yearly trim the palms....
I am so amazed at these men who shimmy up/down the 40- to foot trees. The are heavily dressed: head and necks covered, long sleeve shirts and long pants in blazing mid-morning sun. The temp was around 110 when they were here.
3 men do the trimming, and seven do the clean up and shredding. It makes for quick work. We have 19 palms on our property, 9 of them in our courtyard. After they leave all the cow birds arrive looking for bugs and seeds to munch. It gets rather busy! Today I must concentrate on my Christmas in July swap...it has been started but I really need to complete and get ready for the July 1st mail date. Especially since my package is leaving the country. I must tell you how grateful I am for your friendship...thank you for the kind words and good wishes for Mr H. I hope you have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: I know what you mean about the men wearing all the clothing, but my Husband who grew up on a farm said they did the same thing once the clothing gets wet from sweat they stay cool.
I have never tried needlepunch, I should give it a go sometime, I like the design you punched.

Blessings
Catherine

Vickie said...

The hummer turned out great Gracie! I hope you two have a nice, cool weekend!

Bea said...

The hummingbird is lovely. The tree trimming would be interesting to watch. I'm glad your DH is starting to take better care of himself - best wishes for continued healing.

butterfly said...

Lovely humming bird , have a wonderful weekend.

Brigitte said...

So great to read that Mr H is recovering from his surgery so well.
The temperatures you have are so terrible. At least you have A/C.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad that you are enjoying the punchneedle work.

The tree-trimming looks very interesting too.

Kaisievic said...

Beautiful punch needle finish, Gracie.

Sherry said...

I love your needlepunch hummingbird. It has been so long since I last tried needle punch. I enjoyed it then but have not thought about doing it. I read a few posts back to catch up on what has been happening. Wishing you cooler weather and a speedy recovery for Mr H.