Thursday, June 30, 2016

Waiting for the storm~~~~~

The Monsoons have started but not yet here in the West Valley. There is no sunshine today...but still hot and yes, during this season we have humidity. Not feeling quite myself today...just off sorts so staying home will be my goal today. Yesterday Mr H and I saw the surgeon...good report...no more restrictions (within reason) and permission to drive. The doctor wants Mr H to start therapy in about 2-3 weeks. For the last 2 afternoons we have had a guest staying in our lanai...
Isn't he handsome...a Broad Tailed Hummingbird. He just rests on an artificial arrangement on the shelf. He leaves briefly and then returns.....stays for a few hours then poof! he is gone. His vibrant raspberry throat glistens in the light.
I am working slowing working on Bee Happy
just love this design from The Primitive Hare....and JCS June 2016 issue. The linen is 25 count Vintage Butter Pecan. I thought about using 3 strands of DMC but like the "lesser" coverage of 2 strands. I seem to be in slow-mo speed lately. But that is okay, I stitch for me not for speed or time. With all that goes around me at times I have learned to accept and adjust.   Retirement has allowed me to change and I have to admit I like it. My days are so quiet and relaxing...generally. Oh...the sun is just coming out to shine and boast up the temps! That means I am definitely going to stay indoors.... with the air on and my needle in hand. Glad I went food shopping yesterday, not that it was much cooler, but glad nevertheless. I am so very lucky to count you as a  my friends; thank you for your friendship and kind words. All your good wishes for Mr H have been special. Hope you have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

That is so neat to see a hummingbird so frequently! And nice progress on your stitching. Good to know Mr. H seems to be doing well also.

KimM said...

Good to hear Mr. H received a 'thumbs up" from the MD. Stay inside, Gracie - and keep cool. I remember visiting AZ when it was so beastly hot - it didn't agree with me at all.
Love, LOVE the Primitive Hare design - I really must stitch it up .....someday ;0)
xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The hummingbird is so lovely. I currently have a fat pigeon outside the window!

Nice start on the Bee design, I liked that one too.

Julie said...

A beautiful feathered friend that's come to visit.

diamondc said...

Gracie: Wonderful news on Mr. H, so happy for you.
Love your little visitor, so sweet, and on an artificial plant so cute.
Be Happy is such a sweet design, I look forward to seeing your progress.

Blessings
Catherine

Vickie said...

Yes, retirement sounds very good for you. For both of you. I am glad Mr. H is doing so well. Have a super day you two.