Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Voila....

Finished...just fresh from the cut.... The kit came with the Tiffany Flower Votive. Very pleased with the finish. I also made a scissor fob for the scissors using some southwest beads and a cowboy boot...to remind me of The Brother Alan who loves his boots. I will use it with battery tea light as I do not use real candles anymore. I think I will do another Hardanger project...I have an angel that has been sitting in the to do pile for some time. I will not abandon my cross stitch but I need a break. There will be the monthly SAL from The Snowflower Diaries. Yesterday's mail brought me a birthday card and ...
from dear friend Lynda Ruth  who is presently digging out from lots of snow. Luckily she and hubby have a tractor to make it easier. Today, as a matter of fact all this week, we are having temps in the 80's which is a bit above the normal for us but I will enjoy it. Mr H and I sat outside listening to music while I read The Mysterious World of Sherlock Homes......about Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.  I really should start my project for Grandniece Natalia Rose.... her birthday is in April but it will take some time to get it sewn. She is so adorable...I love her...
Isn't she glamorous in those sunglasses?! She will be 2 years old on April 26th (the day after my anniversary making it easy to remember). Well, the landscapers are here and making quite a racket with the leaf blower....so going outside at the moment is not a good idea. Guess it is as good a time as any to get the angel project and be sure I have what I need. So glad you had some time to visit.Thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a wonderful day.
Found this sweet little plant growing in one of the pots in the garden.....

 

9 comments:

Vickie said...

How lovely the Tiffany Flower votive and the hardanger are together. Yes, Natalia Rose is so precious.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the Tiffany votive, what a nice addition to the kit.
The card is lovely too. I did send one, but it wasn't stitched!
Your Grand Niece looks very posh in her sunnies!

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Your niece is sweet. Glad you got my card and gift. hugs

Kaisievic said...

Your grandniece is so very cute and I love your Hardanger work. Happy Belated birthday, Gracie.

cucki said...

Your grand niece is very sweet
Love your hardanger work
Big hugs x

shirley flavell said...

Love your Hardanger doily, it's turned out lovely. Do show us your angel when you start.

CAESAR SHOP said...


Thank you for sharing in this article
I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
I hope to read the next your article updates

[-] Vimax
[-] Vimax Asli
[-] Vimax Canada
[-] Obat Vimax
[-] Pembesar Penis

Brigitte said...

Your Hardanger work looks so lovely. And what a wonderful stitched card you received.

butterfly said...


Another beautiful plant .
Love your Hardanger.
And what a sweet little girl.