Sunday, February 7, 2016

Carmen, Hardanger and a winner





Meet Carmen...we bought her just before my birthday. She is 15 inches, her head/face is made from a half coconut shell and her outfit from painted canvas. She adds a smile to my face and to the kitchen. Someone once asked me if my home was all western now that I live in Arizona. No, it is very eclectic. I do have some western/southwest décor, but we have whatever suits us. A bit of this and some of that! I wanted to have something special to mark this birthday...there is nothing really special about it; well, except that The Brother Alan and Lisa were here..... anyway, I began a Hardanger project...
(look beyond the wrinkles please). It is a kit (had it for ages) from Nordic Needle, and is suppose to be a candle mat. Not sure if that will be so, but it is coming along nicely especially with the wonderful scissors from the Brother Alan and Lisa. Mr H always tells me to do your best you must have the right equipment and it is so true. A very long and sharp tool....I wish the pattern included a little more detail about the stitching, but I am using the photo included to copy. I am always amazed at what I find in the craft closet! I have had a busy morning...a few laundries, breakfast and oh yes, picking a recipient for my Un-Birthday winner. The names were all put into a bag and out came....
So, Vickie, please email me your address so I can send you a gift. It is always fun to give as it is to receive.  Thank you all for your good wishes and for taking the time to comment for this. Most of all, I thank you for your friendship and kind words. Have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

KimM said...

Love your new little doll - and the hardanger is so pretty. I'm chicken to try hardanger.....cutting into the fabric makes me sweat. - OH! and congrats to Vickie!!!
xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your new doll looks very cheerful, she obviously enjoyed the Birthday fun too!

Your hardanger is as lovely as ever. Good scissors really are an essential.

Congratulations to Vickie, a worthy winner.

diamondc said...

Congratulations to Vicki it is going to a wonderful Lady.
I am happy you all had a good visit with your Brother, it is always nice to see family after so long.
Hardanger is beautiful I have only done a couple of things in hardanger, your start is lovely.

Blessings
Catherine

Vickie said...

Carmen makes me smile also. :D
I had to read that twice!! It is me!! Thank you Gracie. I am off to email you now.

shirley flavell said...

Hardanger is fun to do, love doing it.Great doll.

Tiffstitch said...

Nice start on the hardanger and congratulations Vicki!

Annie said...

Your Hardanger is beautiful so far!
Congrats to Vicki!

cucki said...

Congrats to Vicki
Yayyyyy
Hardanger is so beautiful xx