Thursday, February 11, 2016

On the sewing table...

I have been busy this morning. Laundry #2 in the washer, pattern pinned and cut....
Making a surprise for a special little girl. If you guessed Natalia you are correct. I just love the butterflies on the yellow background. Reminds me of Spring. While at the sewing shop ( a small fabric shop in the neighborhood) I spotted these gals...
Tweezers...they are so cute. (sorry the picture is not better, but using indoor lighting) Do you use them in your needlework/crafting projects? I do and have several "regular" types but these just called my name. One will be for me and the other will be leaving. Where do you ask? That depends on a few things....if you would like the "Blonde Gal" leave me a comment telling me if you do use tweezers and if you do not why you would like her to move in with you.  I will draw from the comments next week.  Our weather has been delightful...yesterday it was in the mid 80's as it will be today and all week. Spring is in my back yard. In my kitchen...
this lovely lady is all in bloom....I do not know the name of this African Violet but her iridescent petals glisten in the light. Several of my violets are blooming. I have a couple who remain stubborn and do nothing. They are all in the same window box and receive the same watering and light.... who knows. I am off to get back to the sewing project and am really happy you had some time to stop by. Thank you for your valued friendship and kind words. Have a wonderful day.

12 comments:

Vickie said...

That is a really, really pretty violet. I have a burgandy one. It will bloom this Spring like always I think. I used to have a pale pink one with variegated leaves. I loved that one. Was sorry when it died.

KimM said...

Oh my gosh - adorable tweezers! I think I need to look for some - I'm jealous of your weather.. Another arctic blast hitting us here - SHRUG. I guess it's all good....time for stitching
xxx

Annette-California said...

Such a beautiful flower - violet! Lovely tweezers! And I can't wait to see what your making with the pretty fabrics.
Have a beautiful day. love Annette

butterfly said...

Beautiful violet , what a pretty colour.
Your tweezers are so pretty my ones are just plain still.
You do have some wonderful weather , hugs.

cucki said...

Sweet violet ..so cute
Hugs x

Angela said...

I'm excited to see what you are making :)

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

What a darling dress that fabric will make! I love those tweezers and I even have a pair! :)

shirley flavell said...

Adorable tweezers. Never seen anything like that.They would be wonderful to use when threading the overlocker or sitting in a pretty container with pretty scissors. Also great for scrapbooking. A lovely African Violet and really pretty fabric for your loved one.

Fiore said...

Your violet in bloom is stunning! What a joy having that treasure in your garden!
I don't have tweezers for my projects. I think it's time to have them and I hear those tweezers of yours call me :-D
How is your husband?
Ciao

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm afraid I only use tweezers for my eyebrow taming sessions!
I have some expensive ones I hide from my husband so he can't use for them for splinter removal or anything electrical!

Merilde said...

I don't use tweezers mainly because I don't have any with my stitching tools. Yours would be a great addition - then I would remember! Lovely violet - mine just stopped blooming...hope will start again soon, love them. Lori

Kaisievic said...

Such a pretty violet, I love the shading on it. I do use tweezers and I already have a sweet pair, so please do not include me in your generous giveaway. hugs, Kaye xxx