Friday, February 5, 2016

A wonderful week

Warning: lots of pictures!
Oh my...a bit tired today and a bit sad....The Brother Alan returned home. We had a marvelous week (we always have a good time). It was special to have him celebrate my 69th birthday. First lets start with what we did. You already know about the horseback riding (Friday) that we did...Alan, Lisa and me. Mr H was not able to join us on the ride but did come along for the rest of the day. On the Thursday we went to see the Michelangelo exhibit at the Phoenix Art Museum...wonderful drawings that are on tour the first time out of Italy.
just one of many. It was fascinating to see that he drew more than one sketch on a paper. Once even on the reverse side of a letter. I did purchase a book covering his works. On Saturday we left Mr H home as he was not feeling too well (he is fine, just one of the days) and after Lisa got her 2 pair of cowgirl boots...
we of course went for a Margarita Lunch at Arriba's!
Just look at the size of this drink....not to worry, I also had a delicious salad. Sunday was a quiet relaxing day. Monday was shopping at Scottsdale Old Town. Tuesday we took a ride to Luke Air Force Base ..and we were able to catch the F35's for take off and landing...quite a sight and sound!
We parked just at the landing field....it is quite an experience to have them fly so low and right over you.

You can actually see the pilot! I always find it exciting. We could also see the take off across the field. It was a bit cold and windy but we enjoyed it nevertheless.  This brings us to Wednesday, my birthday. Alan and Lisa made arrangements for dinner at The Arrowhead Grill.... what a dinner. Just a perfect meal. Look at the size and lovely presentation of these shrimp!

They were the most delicious and oh so big! Our steaks were cooked to perfection and melted in our mouths. The wine was excellent. Then came my surprise...
A lovely birthday desert. They wrote my greetings in decadent chocolate! An unbelievable celebration. Alan and Lisa were leaving us at 1PM on Thursday, so it was a relaxing morning sitting out on the lanai. They certainly spoiled me and gave me a special evening. I did warn you there would be lots of pictures....hope you enjoyed sharing my week. I worked on a Hardanger project that will mark this birthday. That is about it. I will post the recipient of my Un-Birthday gift on Sunday. Thank you all for the birthday wishes and for your treasured friendship. Have a great day.


17 comments:

Fiore said...

Gracie, Happy birthday!
Glad to know you spent such a good time! Your post sounds so cheerful!
A very big and special hug from your far but close friend Fiore!

cucki said...

Aww happy birthday dear
Glad you had a fun time..sending you big Beary hugs
Love you x

Brigitte said...

Happy belated birthday wishes are winging their way to you. And nice to read what a wonderful week you had with your brother.

butterfly said...

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday .
Looks like you had a great time .
I never had a brother or sister , wish I had .
Enjoy the weekend hugs.

Cindy's Stitching said...

the drink is so big. the shrimp and dessert look so good. beautiful picures gracie. a great birthday week.

Ele said...

Happy birthday! So glad you had a wonderful time with your brother
Lovely photos, thank you for sharing

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Looks like you had a great time with your brother, lovely food and the jets must have been lots of fun. did your get my card. hugs

Vickie said...

It looks as though you had a wonderful birthday celebration. I like Lisa's cowgirl boots.

Ninetta said...

Happy birthday! Thank you for sharing all those beautiful memories with us!

Shelly said...

I'm impressed, Gracie! That margarita would have put me under the table! Happy Unbirthday to you. Looks like you all had a great time!

Annette-California said...

Happy Birthday sweet Gracie! So happy you had fun!
love Annette

jocondine said...

Joyeux Anniversaire Gracie! It's a real pleasure to read about your fantastic week. I send you and Mr H a lot of "grosses bises" (big kisses) and wishes. Happy Birthday! xxx

Ann at Beadlework. said...

What a lovely time you've had. I would love to be so close to watch those amazing aircraft fly over.
It's my 60th birthday today and I'm having a relaxing day doing the things I enjoy.

Annie said...

Sounds like a wonderful time was had by all! So happy for you:)

KimM said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Grace! It looks like you had a great celebration.
xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What an amazing week! The dessert looks lovely. Of course, the best present was having The Brother with you!

Vicki said...

Sounds like you had an awesome week including a fantastic birthday celebration! Happy birthday!