Saturday, January 23, 2016

Internet back!


All day yesterday the Cox crew was out and about fixing some outage in my area...the recording told me so. I would be without the computer until at least 4 PM. At 7 PM I called and the tech had to reset it from there...wherever there was. So, here I am back into world of space....Let's update.
On Wednesday mom...EvaP was admitted to hospital and is now home after tests and a blood transfusion. Thank you for the good thoughts sent here way (via FB). Now if she follows doctors orders, things should go better. On my home front...we are well as we can be and have been enjoying sitting outside..... I am sorry for those of you in the storm areas or cold, but this is a good time of year here in Arizona so we take advantage. Today I hope to do some finishing work but I did get to knit....these were easy quick and so adorable! The pattern is free on Ravelry.
  and they fit too!
I think I will make a few more and change the flower colors. I just had an interruption.... the phone rang and it was a call from my cousin Janice in Rhode Island...we are in touch all the time on Facebook but have not talked in a long time. What a wonderful surprise and absolutely wonderful conversation.
Meet Cousin Janice
she is the daughter of my mom's sister younger Anna...a young cousin! How wonderful to hear her voice and reminisce. Time sometimes has a way of leaving us and once we capture it back, we should try not to misplace it again.  We had a good chat. By the way, she is always smiling!Gee, this post has taken forever to complete...time off for the chat with Janice... so I should get a move on. Cox is coming here today "between 1 and 3" to replace my modern/router unit. I never got to laundry and I still need breakfast. For those of you in the winter storm path please stay safe and warm. Thank you for your friendship and your kind words. You sure know how to make my day! Have a great day.

14 comments:

Janice said...

Ohhhh Gracie I'm so glad that we've re-connected and that we will always stay in touch and in each other's hearts.♡

Janice said...

Ohhhh Gracie I'm so glad that we've re-connected and that we will always stay in touch and in each other's hearts.♡

Julie said...

Beautiful slippers you knitted up, they look nice and comfy.

Dotty's Daughter said...

What a lovely happy post Gracie..love the slippers xxx

Sue said...

Glad you are back..love the slippers

Www.hoosierstitcher.blogspot.com

Vickie said...

What adorable slippers. How nice to have your cousin visit here on the blog as well. :D

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I am so glad to hear your Mama will be ok. :) Prayers still though for full health and recovery. I ADORE those slippers very natty!
So good to have family visit! Have a great time :)

Cindy's Stitching said...

the slippers are so pretty

Fiore said...

It's always so nice reading about your real life. So thank you for sharing it. Your cousin looks a very good person
Glad to know about your mom. If I was there I'd be happy to meet her.
Very cute slippers.
Ciao
Fiore

butterfly said...

What great slippers they look great .
Your cousin looks such a nice person, good news about your ma.

cucki said...

Good news about your ma.
The slippers are looking so pretty
Big hugs x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hope your mum is feeling better. Maybe you should make her some nice slippers to cheer her up!

Minnie said...

Your knitted slippers are adorable.

KimM said...

Love your slippers. Hope your mother feels better soon.
xxx