Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Un Birthday Celebration

Okay...someone said everyday is an Un-Birthday...well, for me it is my birthday not yours, so then it is an Un-Birthday for you
What better way than with Alice's Tea Party. Here is how it works... on this post only (so I can keep track) leave me a note why you would like to "attend my party". From this I will choose a name and that person will get a gift from me. Now my party is February 3rd so you must leave your comment no later than the 3rd. Simple as that. This is the last year I can say I am in my 60's...brrrr, chills to think that.  Moving on.....
I have finished February SAL...this is a pop in out frame (that is what I have decided because of the simple back construction) You may be asking what about January? I can explain.... by the time I got everything organized and my hand cooperated, the February chart was almost getting released. So I had completest the outline border and put it aside and now I will work on it .... I just did not want to rush to get February ready for the month to display. And besides, The Brother Alan is coming...have I mentioned that? I may not get mush stitching accomplished.  I have managed to get the guest room/sewing room in order....moved things out, clear some closet hanging space left some space for charging the phone etc.....freshly changed the bed..... now to add some supplies. I always make up a bag of personal supplies (tooth paste and floss and disposable brushes) of course some chocolate for him (runs in the family---the love of chocolate) and the a few other things.... less for him to pack. Not that I am keeping a count but it is only 10 days to arrival. the temps this week are to be around 68-70 and I hope that continues to the next week also. I have been out of bed since 2 AM and I think I need to nap....it is still dark out after all. So, I will be off to find a pillow. Thank you for your friendship and kind words....have a great day.

18 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Hello, glad you are getting better, I just had a birthday Jan 5th, and I am 67. Still going strong. Hope you have a great time with you brother Allen when he gets there. big hugs

cucki said...

Hello dear aww a birthday party ..I so much wanted to come because first of all its your birthday party and I love you and I so much wanted to meet you..so sweet..
Glad you are feeling better..hope you will have a great time with your brother.
Big hugs x

Jacquie Morris said...

Great!! I have not been to a birthday party in such a long long time so would love very much to attend yours! (Online naturally!!) ha ha
So pleased you are feeling better, your stitching is really lovely too :) I am sure in good time January will be done.
Happy smiles :)

Carla Eldridge said...

It would be my honor to attend your birthday! In my family, my grandmother's birthday is at the end of February and she will be 92! Every year you are blessing us with your lovely and kind words AND still stitching, is another year we are able to share our beloved hobby together <3

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I would love to attend your Birthday party. It is a week before the Small Boy's birthday so I must be back in time for that!

Is your brother coming to visit too?

Vickie said...

How exciting to come to your Birthday party Gracie. I can finally meet you and Mr. H. I hope his is doing better? And you also. ;)
It is currently 1º here. yucko!

Fiore said...

Dear Gracie, I'd love so much come and visit you for your birthday and your un-birthday. I'd love to do if often. I'd be intrusive like only an Italian can be, actually ;-). Take care of you and don't get tired too much

Minnie said...

I would love to attend your party and enjoy some of that warm Arizona weather.

Chookyblue...... said...

I like parties...what are we doing when?

Julie said...

Your birthday is going to be so exciting with your brother being a the table too... please can I have an invite too.
February stitched up wonderfully.

Debbie said...

Nothing would be better than sitting with you sharing stories, stitching and drinking coffee. It would be lovely to meet you and Mr. H in person.

Sending you birthday wishes!

Dotty's Daughter said...

Always young at heart Gracie, have a wonderful birthday.xx

butterfly said...


Happy Birthday I would love to come to your party I love party's .
I will also have the same age birthday next year so you can come to my birthday next year .
Hugs and XXXs

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

Gracie, you were born the same day as me BUT, I'm two years older. I knew we were close in age but not this close!! Love Auntie

Rose Marie Della Ventura said...

Gracie, you were born the same day as me BUT, I'm two years older. I knew we were close in age but not this close!! Love Auntie

Annie said...

It would be so nice to meet you in person, perhaps stitch and chat. And CAKE!! ;)

KimM said...

Gracie, I'd love to attend your birthday party! You are such a sweet soul, I'd enjoy sharing your special day.
xxx

Sheryl S. said...

Two family members have birthdays in February but neither is having a party, so I would like to attend yours.