Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Today is the day


That is right....today The Brother Alan arrives. I am so looking forward to his coming to stay and celebrate my upcoming (Feb 3rd) birthday with me. Don't forget to comment on the post here if you would like to be in the drawing.
My Garden Faerie is basking in the sun and the warmer weather we are starting to have.
He moves from pot to pot and I never know where he will be next! Having friends in the garden is so nice. Our flowers are starting to need some replanting...and as the days start to stay warmer Mr H will start to revitalize the winter garden to a Spring garden. We had the appointment with the surgeon who showed us the x-rays and the new body parts.... all looking good so all restrictions have been lifted. Within reason of course. I am just glad he is back to driving.  The other morning as I went out to walk, this rather large fellow was flying about and decided to sit in the tree across from me...
He is a Cooper's Hawk around 20 inches from head to stubby tail and a 24 inch wing span. They eat small birds and small mammals. I should have a few stitch pictures this week to share. Well, I must dash off to get a few last minute things done... Thank you for your friendship and kind words and of course thank you for visiting with me. Have a great day.

12 comments:

Annie said...

Enjoy your time with your brother! Happy (early) birthday!

Brigitte said...

Great that your brother will visit with you. Have fun!

Vickie said...

I am so glad to know Dennis is doing well.
Have a super visit with your brother there.

Vicki said...

Have a great visit with your brother!

hookedonstitches said...

Enjoy your visit :)

cucki said...

Enjoy your visit my dear xx

barbara woods said...

Happy birthday

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

Have a great time visiting with you brother and Happy Birthday, watch your mail, in a week you should get a surprise from me. hugs Lynda Ruth

diamondc said...

Gracie: First of all I am so happy Mr.H is doing so well, tell him to take it slow for a while.
I am so happy your brother is coming, have loads of fun.
I love your little guy in the garden he is so sweet.
Happy Birthday to you, I would sing to you but you know I do not sing only because the dogs howl and the cops show up (giggles)

Blessings
Catherine

Julie said...

Have fun with your brother.
Good news that all is well with Mr H after the surgery and he is back behind the wheel again.
Your hawk does look magnificent

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I love those slippers on your last entry - you are so productive Grace. Your birthday is just a few days before mine - i hit an age that begins with 6 next weekend and I can't say I'm too thrilled:-)
Enjoy your brother's visit, it's good to spend time with family.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Enjoy your brother's visit.
I am glad Mr H is back to driving, I'd hate you to be carried off by a hawk!