Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Brother is Here

My brother Alan has finally arrived, in fact this is "THE BROTHER"! Hello I am Alan Piccirilli and also known as the brother. Everyone knew of my arrival thanks to "The Sister", actually why am I "The Brother" I am not sure. I've been in her life for 57 years (yes the younger one) and suddenly she has forgot my name? I have been coming here since Dennis and Grace moved here, maybe not every year but most. I decided to come out at this time of the year (a first) to celebrate my sister's birthday. I know many of you have responded to her "un birthday party" and it is nice to read all of the well wishes to her. My flight here was nice, the weather in Arizona is great. First thing we did when we landed was change into shorts and sat in the yard for a bit. Weather in Rhode Island is brrr cold here it is in the mid 70's practically swimming weather. Dennis looks great and is doing well, we have been to the Museum in Phoenix and Horse Back riding already. Today we went shopping for Cowboy Boots and found a quaint Mexican restaurant the served very large Margaritas, so you can imagine it was a nice lunch. There are several more day trips planned and I am sure you will hear about them.  My story is not germane to this blog so I will not bore you. It is sufficient to know that I am the "kid" and enjoy my yearly visits with Dennis and Grace. So in the future "The Brother" is not a character in a novel but a person who lives, breathes and can be a pain in the ass.
 

 

So thank you for stopping by this blog and your friendship to my sister Grace. You may or not read my thoughts again here in the blog but who knows I am her till Thursday.
 
  

14 comments:

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

glad you made it Brother, do enjoy your time with Grace, she is a very special friend to me. Hugs to you all.
Horse back riding is always allot of fun.

Shelly said...

Hi Alan! Welcome to Arizona! I live about 100 miles north of Gracie and Mr. H in the mountains. I hear you on those Margaritas! Enjoy your time here. Say hello to Gracie for me!

Chookyblue...... said...

have a great time together.......

Fiore said...

Nice to meet you, Alan. Brothers of my friends are my friends, expecially if they have Italian roots! Enjoy your days with Grace and let's hope to see you and read you again.
Ciao amico!
Fiore

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Nice to meet you Alan, I hope you enjoy your visit. Best wishes from Ann in a very miserable, cold Scotland.

Julie said...

Waving to you from across the pond Brother Alan, looks like you are having a fun time with our friend Gracie.

Vickie said...

Hello Alan! So nice to read of your adventures thus far. Did you find cowboy boots? Was Dennis also able to ride a horse? What fantastic recovery if he did.

Annie said...

Hello, Alan! It's so wonderful that you're so close to your sister! My brothers and I live near each other but aren't close.
Have a wonderful time on your visit, and safe travels when your return home:)

cucki said...

Hello Alan Greetings from South Africa
Enjoy your time with your sweetest sister.she is so sweet
Love and care x

Tiffstitch said...

Hello Alan, and glad to know you arrived safely. I hope you all have a lot of fun and you enjoy the warmer weather before coming back to NE. (I'm in VT)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Ooo, a guest blogger! Hope you have a lovely visit with Gracie and Mr H.
In blog land we have all sorts of pseudonyms to disguise our loved one's true identities. "The Brother" is getting off quite lightly!

shirley flavell said...

How cool of you to write in Gracies blog, greetings from N.Z. Enjoy your stay and how wonderful to see a photo of you on horse back Gracie.Very very warm here in N.Z.,it's been relentless.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Hello Alan, glad you are visiting with Gracie. Enjoy your visit.

jocondine said...

Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing your horse ride, have great time with family. Amitiés