Friday, January 1, 2016

A finish and a start

Happy New Year my friends.... the start of a new year is always special. Mr H and I continue with our quiet celebrations....there was my shrimp to end the year and this year we watched Sherlock Holmes and then The Thin Man  movies.  I did finish the stitching of my bell pull

Now to decide the finish. The pattern calls for a simple fine chain to hang from at the top and a rounded bottom edge with pearl trim around the piece...just not sure what I want to use. For the start of the New Year I am stitching Just Nan Singing Pin Bird.
I am using 32 count linen from the linen bin and the DMC threads as listed. Love Just Nan projects. We have no plans for the day and no resolutions for the year. If I make them, some of them fall by the way side so I just plan to take one day at a time. Of course there is always the hope to stitch everyday and read. I am hoping to continue with increased independence..... I guess that needs a bit of explaining. Through the years (since moving out here to Arizona) I have become more dependent on Mr H....not a bad thing. Since he has had some medical issues these past few years I have had to do more...except the fuel in the car bit... which is a good thing. For example, doing all the driving. I have not had to be the driver when we are out an about especially at night. I am sure he will be cleared to drive again soon but I want to continue at times being the driver. It will build my confidence as so many places are more than a few miles and via highways. I have been doing some of the cooking and that is a good thing. So I guess I do have some plans for 2016....who knew! One thing is for sure...my blog will continue and our friendship too. You have all been very important and supportive. Thank you for your friendship and support and oh those kind words which make my day. Happy New Year to all of you and good wishes for your dreams and plans for the new year to come true.
Love to all of you from Dennis and Me!

14 comments:

cucki said...

My dear your bell pull is looking so sweet..
Wishing you a very happy new year x

faith76 said...

I like that idea taking each day at a time which is what I definately need to do. Lovely stitch work xxx Blessings to yo and have a very happy new year Leah xx

Vickie said...

Beautiful work Gracie! Happy New Year to you both!

Vicki said...

Happy New Year, Gracie! Wishing you and Dennis a blessed 2016.

Nurdan Kanber said...

Happy New Year Gracie ♥

Chookyblue...... said...

No resolutions here either..... Remain independent I have always been this way and raised my kids also so that they can do whatever they want not useless and unable to look after themselves...... They are still young.....
Keep driving it gives you lots of freedom..... To go where you want when you want but you need to get past the fuel barrier...even if I hate doing it to.... Goodluck for 2016 and hope Dennis is back to 100% asap.....
Does he do all the cooking to?

Chookyblue...... said...

No resolutions here either..... Remain independent I have always been this way and raised my kids also so that they can do whatever they want not useless and unable to look after themselves...... They are still young.....
Keep driving it gives you lots of freedom..... To go where you want when you want but you need to get past the fuel barrier...even if I hate doing it to.... Goodluck for 2016 and hope Dennis is back to 100% asap.....
Does he do all the cooking to?

Julie said...

Your bell pull looks so delicate and pretty, a beautiful finish.
Wishing you and Mr H a year filled with fun and happy times with lots of gardening for Mr H and stitching and crafting for you. x

shirley flavell said...

Love your bell pull Gracie. Look forward to seeing it with it's hanger. You are lucky if your DH does cooking. My DH doesn't cook at all. Doesn't want to know how as well. Toast would be his forte:)

Emma/Itzy said...

Lovely stitching, Happy New Year!

Cindy's Stitching said...

happy new year Gracie.

Fiore said...

Happy new year, dear Gracie and dear Dennis. Trying to increase independence is a very good plan.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your bell pull is lovely, so delicate and pretty, I also had a new Just Nan start for New Year's Day but mine was a spooky one!
I don't drive myself but I do insist we live near a bus or train route so I can be independent in that way.

Astrids dragon said...

Your bell pull looks beautiful, I bet you can't wait to hang it up!
Happy New Year!