Tuesday, December 29, 2015

The 3 line rule

Are you getting ready for the New Year celebrations? Mr H and I will be relaxing with movies and I of course will need to have my shrimp...always have shrimp on NY Eve...except for the first year we lived out here....another tale to be told. Most of the time I do not watch the great crystal ball fall....just don't. In the past I have mentioned my 3 line rule regarding the car. I have been asked what that is so I will explain. I have never...never...ever pumped gas for my car. When I was single, I had guy friends who would take my car and fill it and wash it and in those days check the oil and I would pay the tab. When I married Mr H, he automatically filled the cars. In the mornings I would check to see which car had the most gas and that was the one I took to work. Are you calling me spoiled?! So it stands to reason that I still do not go to the gas station. When the car gauge looks like this...
off to the station it goes. Yesterday when we returned from PT I pulled into the station and Mr H got out and pumped the gas....he is getting well after all. A few years ago when he was in the hospital for a week, I needed gas and went to a nearby station and had it pumped by the attendant. I think he thought I was a nut case as I was trying to find out how to unlock the cap and did not need too! He was very nice to me.....I do remember the time when I was not with Mr H and driving in Connecticut and stopped for gas. I went into the self service station and politely asked for "help" as I did not know how to pump gas and 2 very nice guys came out and did it for me....smiled and looking a bit confused they took pity on me! So that my friends is the 3 line rule....now aren't you glad you popped in today? I am...thank you for the friendship we share and the kind words...have a wonderful day.

10 comments:

butterfly said...

Love your storys , Happy New Year.

cucki said...

Sweet..
Happy new year x

Lee said...

I too have never never pumped petrol ,as you know till a couple of years back that certain gentleman always kept the car full now I have a smiling willing attendant at the petrol station do it for me self service is for the next generation. Happy new year to you both

Dotty's Daughter said...

You made me giggle, my mother In Law is the same..never filled up EVER and says many a journey home must of been on the fumes, you would be pushed to find a helper here !!!

Vickie said...

I have done gas for the car, but it has been many years. I too needed help once years ago. The gas attendant looked at me in complete disbelief when I told him I did not know how to use his pump.

Carla Eldridge said...

I'm not sure which of you is more fortunate to have the other, you or Mr. H! So well matched. Happy New Year!

Julie said...

My husband fills my car too, isnt it ŵonderful.

KimM said...

What a great story, Gracie! My hubby doesn't pump gas for me, but he cooks almost all our meals. Life is good ;0)
xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This story reminded me of a former colleague. An older man and very old fashioned in his attitude to his wife. We were all modern young women in our twenties and forever saying "Derek, your wife does everything for you, you are so spoiled". Then we found out that on winter's mornings he would get up early and warm her car up for her so she didn't have to get into a cold car. Such a sweet thing to do.
I'm sure there there were many other little jobs he did too.

shirley flavell said...

Giggles Gracie, I haven't "pumped" gas either. Leave it to my husband to do. If I go out in the car on my own I always ask if there is enough fuel in the tank. Freaks me out if the petrol light comes on.I really must try harder and learn to do it. Happy New Year. Shirley N.Z.