Thursday, November 5, 2015

Smelling fire....

It would seem the rain and winds of yesterday are gone today. Sunny and quite cool for us. There is a mulch fire burning North of me along the I-17 area and the smell of that fire is reaching us. I am not sure of the distance...but this fire is a difficult one to fight as there are no hydrants in the area so they must truck in the water...living in the rural/desert can be tough. Yesterday Mr H and I sat outside on the lanai playing Farkle...I don't know about sitting out there today. I rested my hand for a few days and finally finished my sock....
I really enjoyed knitting this last sock. Sorry I waited so long. I always loved knitting since I was a young girl. One of the reasons I do not knit much is that living here in Arizona I hardly wear socks or long slacks or even a sweater anymore. I am thinking of giving these as a Christmas gift...thinking, not sure. I really like the lace pattern. I  forgot to take out my life lines before taking the picture
 I would never knit any lace pattern without them. I might, I say I might check through the craft closet to see if there is any other knitting....might. Mr H has some pretty Marigolds in the yard...
I loved the way Katherine Hepburn said the name Marigold in The African Queen....I think of her every time I see one. These are the giant type. Usually we have the regular smaller kind. These are in a large tall pot outside my kitchen window....
so nice to look out and see this every morning. The smaller pot is also marigold in a lemon color. Well, dear friends that about is what has been doing around here. Some ice for my hand today and looking for the next project. I did stitch the logo for my EGA group, the Desert Threaders, that I  joined in May... just need to finish it and find the right holder for it. Glad you visited with me today and thank you for the kind words and your friendship...have a good day.

9 comments:

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

You have pretty socks there...but I imagine not needed to often in AZ :) I love marigolds and both the orange and the lemon colors make me smile!

Fiore said...

I love reading your diary.
Ciao
Fiore

Ele said...

love your socks! they look gorgeous, well done

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful socks and I'm sure you'll find a use for them. I hope your hand feels better soon and the fire doesn't spread!

Vickie said...

Great socks Gracie!

shirley flavell said...

Love your socks Gracie, they look wonderful. I enjoy making socks especially with a fine sock yarn.The colour and size of your marigold is beautiful. Have a great week end:)

butterfly said...


Lovely socks, and your marigolds are lovely. I still have a few giant ones left in the garden , but they will be gone soon hugs

Vicki said...

Love the socks! I can smell the fire over here too. Yesterday I thought maybe one of the neighbors had laid sod with smelly topsoil, then I realized it's the smoke. Glad it's warming up this weekend!

Julie said...

Super cosy socks.