Thursday, October 1, 2015

~~~the table is topped

Finally after all these years, the Star of the Orient squares are finished...
I decided on a blue bias trim and voila, it is on the table. I forgot just how much I enjoyed my learning to quilt....I wish Beatrice could see that what she began with me is finally completed. I plan to pursue more hand stitching and quilting ... not that I will abandon my cross stitch, but as a change.
There is something gratifying for me to hand stitch. Most relaxing. I would not mind making this pattern for a bed top..... well maybe not just yet to go into a project that big. I always wanted to do a Cathedral Quilt for my bed. Time will tell what I will accomplish. Mr H really likes how this looks which made me feel good.
Oh, I decided to straighten out the kitchen drawers...lots of time now that I am home full time. Anyway, way in the back of one of the draws things materialize from who knows where---I found
Mickey, Pluto and Donal came to lunch! These are from the seventies....just love that I found them ....I did not know what had become of them. I will be sure they do not get lost again. the things that I save.... do you remember the Burger King doll, Eskimo Pie doll? I have them, yes indeed. Somewhere I have coffee cups from Maxwell House's 25th anniversary. Also a set of Campbell Soup drinking mugs. I was always sending for special offers. Well, today I need to find a project to work on.... nothing at the ready yet even thought there is a basket of to do. So, glad you came to visit and thank you for your kind words and your friendship. I want to say thank you also for those who plan to send a surprise to Cindy....,thank you for extending friendship to her in this unsettling time. Have a wonderful day.

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Your Star of the Orient table topper is beautiful Gracie.
I do not remember this BK Eskimo doll. Could we see?

Heather S said...

What a great finish with the table topper. I love it.

shirley flavell said...

Love your star of the orient patchwork table topper, it looks wonderful. You must be pleased with your finish. I love stitching and patchwork together and have been doing quite a bit lately. I have just finished a lovely embroidery hoop bag designed by Jennifer Reynolds of Australia. It was a freebie on her blog called jenny of elefantz. She has some amazing freebies and stitcheries. I also made a hussif of hers. Have a good week end. Hugs Shirley N.Z.

Shelly said...

That table top quilt would look good as a full size quilt! That would be a lot of work though! We used to plead to our mom to buy the toys that were offered on cereal boxes. But there were 4 of us kids so that wasn't feasible! I often find the search for a new project is just as fun as actually working on it. So have fun!

KimM said...

Your table topper is perfectly gorgeous!
xxx

Ele said...

Fantastic finish! love your tabletop

Julie said...

A super table topper, its lovely.
Cute silverware.