Sunday, October 18, 2015

2 needles and a sock

The last 2 days we have had rain...down pours and we were caught out twice in it. A quick run to the market and the skies once again looked like "any minute"
no sooner had Mr H pulled into the garage and down it came....not complaining about the rain because we should need it. Problem is, that it never seems to amount to anything. Today it is so lovely ...sun is out but it is actually comfortable outside. I plan to sit outside before the heat is on. This is what I will be doing....
once again, looking in the craft closet revealed my knitting tote with one sock completed and the second at the ready. My goodness....I have not knitted in ages! I at one time worked in a knitting shop and that is where I found...TOFUtsies (toe-foot-sies) sock yarn from South West Trading Company located right here in Arizona. They have an outlet store in Phoenix. This particular yarn is made with part Chitin fiber from shrimp and crab shells! Soft and ooh so nice.
this is color #722 and the pattern was a freebie called Wild Kat from Deby Lake. It is knitted on 2 circular needles. I use a German long cast on for a nice stretchy cuff. I also, someplace in the depths of the closet have a lace shall started....one of these days.....
Mr H starts some testing for his upcoming surgery tomorrow and we will both get our flu shots. I always get a sore swollen arm after it.  I just found out that I won a drawing from Barbara ... she had a cute way to announce it. Always fun when we win a drawing....
Thank you for visiting with me today...and for the kind words.... and most of all your friendship....I am indeed very lucky to have you for my friends. Hope you have a wonderful day.

6 comments:

Vickie said...

Yes! I saw that you won Barbara's giveaway. Good for you!
I don't know how to knit, but Emerson has surely gotten into sock knitting. :)
I am praying for Dennis.

diamondc said...

Congratulations on the win.
The socks look warm, love the color.
Good luck to your husband and his test's he will be in my prayers today.

Blessings
Catherine

Sherry said...

I have not done any knitting but love to see what others make. I do crochet a bit but knitted socks are the best. I will pray for your husband.

Brigitte said...

I have always wanted to get back into knitting but my oither hobbies don't leave me any time for doing so. And I still have bags full of knitting wool from back when I knitted like mad. But that was before I started stitching, lol.
I hope everything goes well with the tests for your husband.

Julie said...

Wonderful socks, you are such a talented lady Gracie.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on your win.
Glad you can knit, I'm not a fan myself but MIL makes jumpers for me.