Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Angel on the shelf

I am ready to work on my Star of the Orient wall hanging but need batting...
what I have is just a bit too heavy/thick so I will get a thinner type. I like the way it looks together. I will always look at it and think of my dear friend Beatrice. The fabrics are at least 35 years old. I have enough to make a few more squares but not enough to make a decent size so this will do.  Angel from Just Cross Stitch Christmas 2014...
finished except for the hanger which I will attach later. I use the curly gold or silver metal ones. or now she will sit in with the tea pot and cup. The design is by Giula Punti Antichi of Romy Creations. I love her designs. At first I was not liking the colors she chose but decided to do it anyway and now I am happy I did. Who says Christmas has to be green/red/gold and silver?  He saying is Be Happy. There are 11 bans of design and the design is just the front. I use plain muslin for the backing. I may do another with a different color scheme. I like band stitching. The day is starting very cloudy and a chance of monsoon storms for today and tomorrow here in Arizona. There have been several over the last week, most all during the evening and with damage here and there. I am still with a bit of cough but overall feeling better. I downloaded my digital JSC yesterday and found something to stitch. Hopefully I can get all the supplies together today...and hopefully I have what I need. Well my dear friends, thank you for chatting with me today and for all your kind words. Hope you have a great day.

7 comments:

Vicki said...

The quilt piece is gorgeous! I love the colors... The angel is sweet, looks like she's found a good home with the tea pot. When I got home from meeting you last Thursday, my husband was not feeling well and I ended up taking him to the ER. He's fine, but it certainly threw a kink in things and I wasn't able to post about our visit until today. I so enjoyed meeting you and am looking forward to our next visit!

Vickie said...

Both of your projects are looking great! I hope you continue to improve my friend.

jocondine said...

Your angel looks so nice and it's a good idea to have other colors for Chritmas themes. xxx

Heather S said...

Your angel is very cute and I love the fabrics in the quilt. Shame it can't be bigger, but still a great way to use these fabrics.

Julie said...

The quilt is so very pretty and your little angel is adorable.
So pleased to read you are feeling a little better.
Hope the storm passed you by.

Julie said...

The quilt is so very pretty and your little angel is adorable.
So pleased to read you are feeling a little better.
Hope the storm passed you by.

diamondc said...

Hi Gracie: Love the colors in your quilt, so primitive looking.
That angel is one I have looked at to stitch, I want to do one in pinks for my Sister-in-law, I have all the Just Cross Stitch Magazines, so many patterns to choose from.
I am so happy you are feeling better.

Blessings
Catherine