Saturday, September 5, 2015

Out to lunch and the Rabbit thing

Thursday I met up with Sherry, a coworker...yes I still think of the gals that way. She invited me for lunch. Before meeting at Applebee's I did a little shopping at Jo Ann's. While getting my prepackaged batting, a customer came up to me and commented that she hadn't seen me when she has been in...I explained my hand issue and she told me she missed me. She then said, "oh, you just gave me a white rabbit". Of course the look I must have given her! The explanation  is; on the first day of the month the very first thing you should say is----  White Rabbit, White Rabbit, White Rabbit. This will bring you luck and something pleasant and totally unexpected will happen. Josephine said meeting up with me was both so I gave her a white rabbit! Did you ever hear of this??? Then around the corner came another lady who said she missed seeing me at the cut counter.....then another one appeared. It is ladies such as these that I miss. Very nice feeling. Sherry and I had a nice chat while we ate. Early this morning I began the stitch in the ditch for my wall hanging.
this is a first for me. I do not think it is easy...but I do not think it will look bad when I complete the other 3 sections.
Some of the supplies I purchased Thursday are for my next cross stitch project....
lots of colors, specialty Kreinik threads and ribbons. All set and ready for today. I will tell you more about "her" later. Oh and there will be feathers too. Of course while waiting in the queue I found a magazine...
Every so often I pick this publication up because it combines beading and cross stitch.  Do you see the ornament up in the left corner....I would love to make that. It does look complicated, but I think I can---I think I can....
It has been so nice to chat with you today. Thank you for all the kind words and most of all for your friendship. If you have plans this Labor Day weekend, please be careful but do enjoy yourself. Have a great day.

3 comments:

Ele said...

I am sure you will mange with the new ornament. You're so skilled!
Glad you had a lovely day out
Have a relaxing weeeknd

Julie said...

My grandmother always used to say 'white rabbits, white rabbits, white rabbits' when she awoke on the first day of a new month for good luck.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I say it when I remember! We also do "a pinch and a punch, first of the month" but very gently LOL.