Monday, September 21, 2015

And the skies are cloudy

what a cloudy day so far. We are expecting winds and rain and there is a flood advisory for much of Arizona today and tomorrow. Luckily we are in an area that does not flood but still we are careful. The yard will have to be wind-proofed and certainly with how cloudy it is the umbrellas will be folded. What have I been up to...let's see. On Saturday Mr H suggested we go to a garlic festival at the Queen Creek Olive Mill. I really like the Olive Mill but must say that this event posed some problems. Plenty of parking but only one way in/out. The restaurant was so busy many of us did not try for lunch. The wait was over 40 minutes and there were not enough tables to sit at or shade area. We did enjoy the tastings and bought a bottle of Strawberry Balsamic Glaze. The ride was nice and not much traffic.
Every direction we drive around the Valley we see the mountains...this is Superstition Mountain in the area of Queen Creek. We are surrounded by wonderful scenery.
Here along the highway is a giant Gila Monster ... just one of many Southwest icons. Some areas have lizards or just hieroglyphics. Something to see. Recently we have been under another look-out... you may have read or heard on the news about the shootings on the interstate....
these electronic signs are everywhere. There is a $50,000 reward for information. They do have someone under arrest but only can link him to 4 of the shootings. Driving on the interstate is unsettling. We are able to avoid the I-10 for the most part. I am almost ready to show you what I have been stitching....almost. Had some problems with my hand yesterday so rest time was often. But that was fine --- it was football day and in this house we watch all the games. Today Mr H will be looking for the replays.... me, I will stitch and prepare my next project.  Did I mention that I am enjoying this retirement thing? I think that about covers it. Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words and your friendship....I really appreciate all of you. Oh--- an update on EvaP (mom). no results yet on her problem...still a wait and see issue. Thank you for the good wishes for her. I hope you have a good day.
PS...don't forget the October Card Exchange. I will email the list this Friday...

4 comments:

Michele Inman said...

LOL - you're making me homesick with your pictures of Arizona. We have a print of Ted DeGrazia's painting of Superstition Mountain on our bedroom wall. We've been watching the news about the shootings. Hope things go well for your mom.

Dotty's Daughter said...

Keep safe honey. Must be scary for you all... Lovely mountain pic. Xx

Anthea said...

Goodness Gracie - that sounds scary about the shootings - I hope the offenders are caught soon!
Great to see you're enjoying your leisure now - I'm sure you'll get into a lovely day-to-day routine eventually.
Gracie, i'm getting error messages when I respond to Comments you leave on my blog - so I thank you for your Comments & I am trying to email you in reply, but for some reason my reply doesn't always go through to you!

Vickie said...

So very scary about the shooters and shootings.
I am so glad retirement is working out for you. ;)