Saturday, August 29, 2015

Another find...

I think I must look into more places...
These Campbell soup mugs are from 1972..... special offer $1.00 each and soup labels. One side is the girl the  other side the boy face. They are so cute.... I have another Campbell mug set someplace... different than these.... I wonder where the Maxwell House mugs are? I always sent for specials. I should show you the other specials I have one day. These type of offers do not appear much anymore. Anyway.... I must tell you that my hand is doing much better. Still swollen, but not so much pain. I actually have finished the 6th block of the Star of The Orient squares and made this..
This is showing you both sides of one pillow.  All completely by hand. I am pleased with how it looks. I tried not to over stuff it.... usually I make pillows very firm.... this has some squish to it. The other four may become a wall hanging.... not sure yet. We had quite a rain and wind storm Thursday evening. But last night I caught the moon.....
hiding behind very dark clouds.... it was full and so bright one minute, then lost for a moment. I am always fascinated with the sky. I love clouds. Just went tout to water the potted plants and fill the hummer feeders and it is hot out there. Temps today are going to be around 110. Guess staying indoors will be good.  Must tell you about Thursday morning. I met up with a blogger, Vicki. We are neighbors, of sort.  Vicki lives maybe 5 miles from me. She had wanted the Flip Its that I was giving away so we thought meeting would be nice. So glad we did. She is delightful and I do hope we can manage to get together again. This is the third time I have met a blogging friend in person. Stop by and visit with her. Well, I hear the washing has stopped so I best get to it. Chores and then some stitching today. Thank you for your kind words and friendship. Glad you had some time to stop by. Enjoy your day.

10 comments:

Vickie said...

The mugs are adorable! I am so glad your hand is improving.
How neat! So glad you and Vicki met up.

Chookyblue...... said...

A beautiful big moon last night.... We had some cloud passing by to....Stay cool....lovely you caught up with Vicki......

Shelly said...

Those soup mugs are quite a find. Great job on the pillow also. The moon was huge tonight. Did you catch it? We still have some clouds up here so there were wisps of cloud in front of the moon. It was ethereal!

Ele said...

Pretty mugs, what a great find!
Glad you're doing better and could go back to sewing. The cushion is lovely
Have a relaxing Sunday

Brigitte said...

So great, your stars pillow. And it must be wonderful to have a fellow stitcher living nearby.

Julie said...

Lovely moon picture you captured.
Cute mugs and the pillows turned out beautifully.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer M. said...

Cute mugs! Your pillow came out terrific. I'm very impressed you did it all by hand.

KimM said...

Such sweet mugs - brings back memories. How lovely you were able to meet up with Vicki. I hope to meet some of my bloggy friends in person someday, too.
xxx

Cindy's Stitching said...

Glad your hand is feeling a bit better. The moon always draws my eyes to it. The sky is really just an amazing thing.