Sunday, June 7, 2015

Did you miss me?

Well, glad last week is over..... it was a four day work week for me. I much prefer the 2 day week. So easy to get spoiled! My new glass finally arrived and my vision is better for stitching. The eye medication is working for the blurred vision which is wonderful. But the hand has been swollen so not stitching. Can't win sometimes. I do plan to try to do a little stitching today. Red Riding Hood is needing me. We had a wonderful rain storm this past week. So unheard of in The Valley for June.... made the news. Found this after the storm
it was brief, but so pretty. Today we have a breeze but it is too warm to enjoy sitting outside. Besides, I am not feeling too well...is it a cold or just allergies and the change in weather? Whatever it is, I am just going to relax today. The monthly card exchange has been going well....it has been so nice to receive hand written notes and learn a little more about one another. I already have someone ready for July! A sweet friend that works with me, LaTonya, is already signed up. She does not have a blog, but checks mine out and is eager to make some new friends. She also collects thimbles... there was a thimble exchange last month that KimM organized. I was wondering if anyone would like to do a thimble exchange..... let me know. At the moment my cough is returning so I think it is time to curl up and watch the Charlie Chan movie that is on. So glad to chat with you....thank you for your kind words and most of all your friendship. Have a great day.

8 comments:

Vickie said...

I hope you are having a good, relaxing rest of your day Gracie. :)

KimM said...

Hi, Grace! So glad your eyes are better - so sorry to hear about your hand. I, too, have received some lovely cards - mine go out next week.
I'd live to take part in another thimble exchange! Sign me up.
xxx

Shelly said...

Glad your eyes are doing better and sorry your hand isn't. We enjoyed the rain recently and had some wonderful rainbows yesterday. I'm right there with you on the allergies. I don't know what's going on but I've been suffering from allergies after my head cold a month ago. We're not used to these cool temps and rain! at the end of May and into June! Usually, its broiling and we're hoping for rain! Enjoy the movie!

Minnie said...

I hope you feel better soon and can do a little stitching, that will really fix you right up.

shirley flavell said...

Hope you are feeling better Gracie. As I was driving down our street couple of days ago after it had rained there was a double rainbow right over our street, or so it seemed. I felt like chasing after it to see where it started and ended. I hoped maybe it was ended on our house and would find a pot of gold. One can be childlike in their thoughts at times:) Hugs Shirley

butterfly said...


So happy to hear your eyes are better , but sorry about your hand .
Take care and enjoy some time off , get better soon.

cucki said...

So happy to hear that your eyes are doing better and fine....
Oh sending you hugs for your hand...take care xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad to hear that your eyes are getting better. Hope you managed a little stitching.

I sent all my cards out last week, I wanted to buy some especially for this exchange! Luckily we had the perfect ones at work. Hope you like your's when it arrives.