Tuesday, June 16, 2015

And the heat is on~~~~~~~

This entire week will be hot....temps in the triple digit teens.....I will be staying indoors most of the time.
This was yesterday on our return trip home from the doctor. Yes, you re reading it correctly; time 4:13 PM temp 116. Speaking of the doctor--- he did not give me any injections. I went for lab work and will be going for an MRI. It was thought by now my hand would be better. Since I have had no injury to it, there may be another issue so we will look deeper. It is frustrating. Not only the constant ache/pain, but the dropping of things drives me nuts. Of course not being able to stitch more is also a downer. I have tried to do a bit each day on Red...
she is finished and the wolf now has legs to pursue her...but I am holding off on his tail.... maybe to slow him down until the forest is complete! I am not sure if I will be stitching the bottom as charted. I obviously have plenty of time with the slow stitching to decide. To prevent total creative melt down, I am returning to the sewing machine....
this is the material and pattern I got last week. Cute Butterfly potholder. I think the Lady bug might be next.... or the Bee.... eventually all of them. Too cute to use!
That's about it today...but I do want to remind you of the July Card Exchange and The thimble Exchange...Thank you for all the kind words and most of all for your friendship. Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

Vickie said...

Ack! That is toooooo hot for me!
What a cute butterfly pot holder. I am glad you can sew.

Debbie said...

Stay cool.....my goodness it's warm there! We're now down to mid 20's and that's just fine by me.
Red is looking beautiful. And the potholder, very cute.

I wish there was a god fix for your hand. Do you try heat then cold? Even putting my hands under warm/hot tap water helps. Good luck with the MRI.

Ma, Herself said...

Ugh Gracie, I'm sorry that you're still in hand limbo...it's so frustrating when you head to the Dr. expecting to come home with a real game plan, only to leave with more questions than answers....BTDT hugs!
Red is looking wonderful, and so is the wolf...I do believe it would be inhumane to leave him legless, but the tail...well that's really just a silly dangly thing anyways, and Red would probably thank you (if she could talk) ;)
Your sewing is really fun...and the fabric is just adorable. I can't wait to see the Lady Bug and Bee.
Hang in there kiddo...sending lots of Ma Hugs your way...

Carla Eldridge said...

Oh my goodness! I really really really hope your hand gets better soon. This is indeed a serious situation!

Too hot...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too hot!

Julie said...

Now that is a scorcher......I hope the mri gives answers to your ongoing hand problem and you can get some help and relief. Red looks beautiful.

butterfly said...


Sounds too hot for me .

Sorry you still finding it hard to stitch hope they sort it out soon.
Love the pot holder what fun hugs.

Annette-California said...

I thought I would melt from 107 heat! You are having waaay too hot of temps for me. So sorry to hear your in pain Gracie, I sure hope you get relief very soon. love Annette