Saturday, March 21, 2015

Just buzzin' by ~~~~~~~~

So glad yesterday is gone. The morning started out okay. Lazy and quiet. Then I decided to post here and that is when it started. The monitor would not turn on. This has happened a few times and the Geek guys told me to shut down and unplug it from the tower and power source, wait and then plug it all back in. Not what I want to do but it has worked except this time. The monitor was 3 years and 1 week old and still with warranty. So off to Best Buy and they offered me a replacement. The model was not available so Mr H chose another Samsung and home we came. Did I ever tell you Mr H is a saint? He is...so patient with me. Hooking it all up we discovered the DVI---- HD or whatever connection was not compatible. Back to Best Buy thinking we needed to get a different model. No, just a new cable. They did not have it but another near by store did. Off to the next BB and $30+ later we are back home. Hooked up but the monitor would not come on. Back to BB because  a) they could not explain this over the phone,  b) Mr H, who has set up many electronic devices could not understand what they were explaining,  c) to have a Geek come to the house would take 4-5 days and $50.00. The Geek Gal at first was "lost" then "found" and back home again this time it works! A slight problem, getting the adjustments right...adapting to a new look... Anyway, it is a work day but before all that happens I would like to show you....
my newest pincushion. A bit of embroidery around and then the bumble bee....
the first time using the Angelina fibers.... next time I will be braver and press more into a fabric and the overall technique will be better..... all in all I am pleased with it. The next bug on my list is a dragonfly.... Eventually I would like to try Goldwork and more Stumpwork. I just want to try everything! I really must start wearing blinders so I will not be tempted. I must leave now. I am making my Jo Ann's shopping list of this and that supplies. I am enjoying my 2 days a week for as long as it lasts. More time to do this and that! Thank you for  spending time with me today...hope you have a wonderful day.

20 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

Computers are just plain frustrating at times.

Lovely pincushion. :)

Ele said...

what a sweet pincushion you made!
sorry about the monitor problems: computers can be so frustrating...

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Clever work on your pincushion - it's very pretty.

Vickie said...

Oh wow! Wow! What an amazing pincushion!

jocondine said...

Waouh your pincushion is so nice, great work, I'm impressed by stumpwork, is it easy to do? xxx

Fiona said...

techno problems always annoy me madly.... what a beautiful little pincuhsion... your bee is just lovely...
Hugz

Heather S said...

Beautiful pin cushion. Lovely bee.

shirley flavell said...

Oh yes re computers and problems. We have spent countless time, mileage and money to rectify problems with computer, tablet or phone. gosh the atmosphere can get pretty blue here when that happens. Love your pincushion. Hugs Shirley

Ranae said...

Beautiful pincushion! Sorry for the problems, so frustrating, i think we ask have been there, darn computers, lol

Anthea said...

What an annoyance about the monitor Gracie, I hope it gets sorted out soon!
Your new pincushion is just so dainty & cute... will you actually stick pins in it?! I don't know if I could bring myself to do that!

butterfly said...

Beautiful pin cushion .
I hate it when I have computer problems I don't have a clue how to fix things .
Have a good day .

Brigitte said...

Oh Gracie, this pincushion is so so beautiful.

Cindy's Stitching said...

uggg to electronics. It amazes me they sell products without the cord you need to hook it up. That happened with my printer. I love the pin cushion. The bee is so cute. you did a great job.

Blu said...

What an adorable pincushion!

cucki said...

Wow such a sweet pin cushion xx

diamondc said...

Gracie: The pincushion is beautiful, I hear ya on the powers that be at Best Buy, explaining things do not work over the phone, and 50.00 plus for home service is crazy.
Good job Mr. H.

Catherine

Heather said...

I'm glad you got your monitor problems figured out. Right now we are trying to get a new UPS to work, and it is driving me crazy!

Your pin cushion is absolutely wonderful! You did such an amazing job with it.

rosey175 said...

Weird about your monitor. I am appalled at the price you had to pay for a new cable though! They should not be that much. :(

Your pincushion is lovely though! I just adore how the bee's wings turned out.

Julie said...

Adorable pin cushion, stumpwork is something I would like to try sometime.

averyclaire.org said...

Oh I love your bee and your stitching is lovely. Nice work!