Friday, February 6, 2015

Thank you

The friendship I share with you is wonderful...you are there when I need a hug, you are there with the stitching encouragement, you are always here.  Thank you for all the loving birthday wishes. I worked on my birthday (Tuesday) and when I appeared at the fabric counter one of my co-workers wished me a happy birthday. An "older" lady called me over and I thought how nice, maybe she wants to wish me a happy birthday....wrong....she wanted to tell me she had a birthday too. She told me it was last week and thought I should know. So with that I wished her a happy 74th birthday and told the other customers and so she got several good wishes which made her smile. The day started out with a sign put up on the kitchen door by Mr H wishing me a happy birthday. There were a dozen or so balloons floating around the living room floor.  I came home from work to the smell of stuffed peppers and garlic bread, and a tossed salad. My dessert was Strawberry topped cheesecake. Later I enjoyed freshly cooked shrimp drowning in butter..... all in all a very nice evening. This guy is a real keeper!
Now for some stitching....
Pink lady is coming along....I know, it doesn't look like I have stitched much, but I have, just lots of pink changes.As for Red Riding Hood...
a bit more of her cape and more forest.....I hope to stitch more on her today. Maybe sitting outside as we are expecting temps in the low 80's today. Sorry for those of you in the cold snow. So pretty to look at but dreadful to shovel and drive in. I do not miss that! So, if you are in my area, let me...you are welcome to share my sunshine. Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the February--Valentine-- Card Exchange.....list goes out on Sunday. Once again, thank you for all your kind words and your friendship....have a wonderful day.

11 comments:

Vickie said...

Sounds like a fabulous birthday Gracie. What a nice encounter at work too. :)

butterfly said...

Your stitching is looking wonderful.
Sounds like you had fun on your Birthday .

lynda said...

It sounds like you had a great birthday...that dinner sounds yummy!

Caitlin D said...

Glad you had such a wonderful birthday. Your stitching is looking so lovely. I'll take some of that warm weather too!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Your pieces are coming along just great. How nice you acknowledged someone else's birthday. I am sure it made her day.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Belated Happy Birthday Grace, today it's my birthday!

shirley flavell said...

Your birthday sounded like it was a pretty good day for you. So glad. If my husband gave me a birthday tea like that I would keep him too, it sounded really yummy. Loving the stitching, they are beautiful. Hugs Shirley

Fiona said...

sounds like a lovely day..... nothing like a great home cooked meal to come home to..
Hugz

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Glad you enjoyed your Birthday, it always fun to find people who share it too.

Lady in Pink looks great.

Ele said...

Belated happy birthday!
Glad you had a great day
Love your stitching progresses, they are both coming out nicely
have a relaxing sunday

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a really lovely birthday.
Pink Lady is a real beauty.