Friday, January 30, 2015

Such a dreary morning

It is not often that we here in The Valley of the Sun (Arizona) have rainy cloudy days pf blah; today is one of those days. It begain to rain as I left work yesterday afternoon and more during the night and early this morning....and it looks like it will continue on and off today. A few lights lite here and there in the house and softness and comfort is around me.....
Mr H picked these from his garden yesterday before the rains.... as I clicked the light on I felt a soft glow of comfort as these looked up at me.
The mail arrived just before I left for work yesterday and this special gift ....
It is from Cindy! Cheerful envelope, lovely card and look at the pretty pin keep and note pad. Oh, you notice that the candy wrapper is empty... no, she sent it sealed but Mr H grabbed it and poof, it is gone. Thank you so much for the birthday gift Cindy. Speaking of birthdays, don't forget to tell me to add your name to my 
UN Birthday celebration.
Pink Lady is almost ready for the ball....
there still is a bit more for her gown then I have her added train section to stitch, but it is moving along nicely. My mind has been thinking of how I want to finish it....
Red Riding Hood had some stitches added also....no picture though...lots of black stitches! I switch form brown to red to black often. My hands of late have touched too many projects from the too do basket...must get back on track! Right now, however, I need a cup of coffee and something to eat. It has been so nice to chat with you. Thank you for the kind words and most of all your friendship....a treasure for sure. Hope you have a wonderful day.
NOTE sign ups for the February Card Exchange are still on until Wednesday February 4th.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful rose blooms. Pink lady is looking super.
Lovely parcel you received.

Cindy's Stitching said...

Glad You received it. I was laughing, the kit kat already gone. Enjoy your birthday Gracie

Ele said...

Pink lady is looking stunning!
Lovely gifts :)