Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A few days left

I am looking at my desk calendar...3 days left for January!?! I am trying to think of where this month has gone. And I do not believe for one minute that time flies when you are having fun! When I was a little girl, I loved for January to pass quickly because it meant my birthday was just days away. Just trying to keep track of the days is a chore now.  Mr H and I write so many notes.... I have always been a note writer though so it has little to do with my age. On the subject of age----- my Annual UN-Birthday celebration is coming so if you would like to be in the drawing for a present, please leave me a comment telling me so. I will draw on February 3rd, my day!
I have been stitching but did not take pictures.....
but I do have a picture of .....
our first picked tomato! Okay, it is small, but that is the type we plant. This variety ranges from the size of a quarter to 2 inches or so. The parsley and basil are doing well also. Still love the fact that it is January and we have veggies/herbs. Once again, Mr H and I are happy not to be living back in Rhode Island where they just survived a big snow storm and there will be more to come for them. Our temp today is expected to be around 78.
The Card Exchange has been fun...love all those special stamps and it is so nice to get fun mail. If you are interested in February, please send me via email, your mailing info. Be sure to include the link for your blog so that a new friend will be able to visit. If you have been part of the previous exchanges, just a note telling me you want to join in will be okay as I already have your info. Sign up for February will end on February 4th so we will mail in time for Valentine's Day.
 Where ever you are, stay warm and safe with the wild winter weather. I guess it is time for a cup of coffee and some needle and thread therapy. So happy to have you visit with me. Thank you for the kind words and emails....enjoy your day!

“Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake”
Sara Raasch
 

11 comments:

Vickie said...

I am soooooooooooooo jealous you are picking tomatoes down there! I have to wait til..... JULY for that!

Ele said...

Oh, lucky you! I have never been able to grow tomatoes :)
Enjoy your stitching and coffee

Julie said...

Enjoy the fruit of your labours, it looks delicious.

Debbie said...

Lucky you with tomatoes, already!
We have parsley that has overwintered but too soon for much else.

Happy Birthday to you! Wishing you a wonderful day.

lynda said...

An un-birthday! What a great idea! i would love to be included in your giveaway. Thanks!

Caitlin D said...

Not a fan of tomatoes, but yours look beautiful. I would love to have a 78 degree day, although I am also happy to not be near the snow in NJ where I used to live.
Love the Un-Birthday idea! Please include me in the giveaway if you would!

butterfly said...

Happy Birthday to you,
Yes please I would like to join the card exchange again , also your birthday giveaway .
We are just going to start our tomatoe seeds ready for the Summer.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Happy Birthday, Gracie! An un-Birthday is brilliant, just happy to be here day! I'd like to be included in yiour fun as well ")
I'd like to take part in the exchange again in February!

Annette-California said...

Fresh homegrown tomatoes already? Lucky you!
Happy Birthday Gracie!!!
love Annette

Shelly said...

Love the Un-Birthday! That's how I feel about mine which is tomorrow. Ugh. Have a nice rest of the week Gracie!

rosey175 said...

Love your first tomato! The first and the last are always the most delicious... and every one in between. :) I think I would rather have the snow though! Still nothing here.

Sign me up for your Very Merry Unbirthday and the next card exchange! It was fun getting such nice cards! :D