Sunday, December 14, 2014

How are you doing?

Such a busy time of year for all.... how are you doing? I have one gift to get and mail, 2 packages to go to the post office and a party here at our house on Wednesday evening. I organize our HOA (27 homes) Annual Christmas Open House and this year I am stop #2 so it is quick and easy food to be served. I thought baked ziti and a tossed salad would be good. It is pretty much a sit/stand and eat 45 minute visit before the next stop. Remembe the card exchange? well, it is so nice to get mail and meet new friends. The cards have been arriving and I just love the unexpected ones. I received this...
a lovely crocheted star with a tiny bell and a recipe for Snickerdoodles from dear Anne. I must try to make them. Just when I think I will not make/stitch one more Christmas thing, I see a pattern for something I want to make. I should, will must not look at anything on the computer. Did you see the cute Santa on FB?
Yesterday afternoon brought some thunder and then hail, yes, hail to Arizona...
those little white pebbles are hail. Then we briefly had rain and then the sun. In all of this quick weather, Mr H ran outside to open.. .... that's right, open the umbrellas to protect his plants form the hail. By the time he organized the umbrellas and moved some plants for shelter it was over. Our resident hummer was flying about and then trying to shake off the wetness from his tiny wings...not one, but two nuts out there. Today I hope to sit quietly and work on something, do not know what, but something while Mr H watches some football. That's about it.... glad to have you to chat with. Thank you for the kind words and your friendship.... have a wonderful day.

9 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

your dish sounds good for people stopping in. How nice. Enjoy.

Vickie said...

hahaha! I laughed at the "two nuts out there". ;)

Annette-California said...

Anne's star is lovely she made for you. Hope you have a wonderful time with your party hopping! I still have much to do for Christmas. Today I am preparing packages that need to be mailed for Christmas. Then some stitching!!! love Annette

Michele Inman said...

Thanks to you and Shirlee for organizing the Christmas card exchange; I mailed all mine out on Monday and have received 6 so far from other participants. All packages were mailed last week and only one Christmas card from our usual list to go. Now working on decorating the house and finishing up on shopping for family here. Thanks again!

Fiona said...

there is always so much to do at this time of year.... love your new ornament.. I also need to do some posting later today...
Hugz

gracie said...

It was fun and I think we should do it again soon.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I bet the HOA Christmas Open House is grand fun! I love to walk in the evening/night time to look at people's decorations. I'm drawn to Christmas trees and I love the ornament stories that people have about the ornaments on their trees. You wouldn't be able to get me to move on after 45 minutes! HA HAHA!

Julie said...

Have fun with your neighbours, sounds a wonderful idea.

Michele Inman said...

I agree! Count me in.