Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Blueberries, cherries and Rit Dye

As I was eating some wonderful sweet cherries, I thought to myself, or rather aloud to Mr H, I bet these dye well. So off to the kitchen and I sacrificed some cherries to get...
Luscious pink fabric and on the left Rit Dye  for an ornament I will be doing. I really enjoy these experiments, you never get the same result twice. Mr H went out and pick me some Honeysuckle and I tried that but it was not very good.... somethings work, others do not. Both of these pieces started out white. I also finished stitching Blueberries...
I saw a frame that may work for this at Jo Ann's last week. I will check today. I will tell you a story about blueberries and growing up after it is all completed. For a break I think I will start the ornament using the blue linen. A little more done on Hummingbird Garden. I have so many nice projects waiting in my basket and craft closet, it is hard to chose which to pick up first. One the Hummer Garden is complete I will start Elizabeth, the pricey pincushion. Can't let all that money sit in  a basket.  It is always nice to chat with you, glad we can. Thank you for spending time with me. My Journal resumes below, hope you have time to read it. Have a great day.

Arizona Bound
Friday July 23 2004 Day 4
8 am and the pooches want a walk; Dennis took them and they saw a deer. A cloudy very grey start to the day. I am drinking tea now as I have not found a good cup of coffee anywhere. We will be on Route 44 all the way to Tulsa Oklahoma. The temp is 90 but the humidity makes it feel very hot. The truck starts to move and the passengers find their spot and nap. I wish I could nap. Dennis tells me to go ahead and stretch out in the back. Where I ask, the pooches have done that already and anyway who would read the map? Who would tell him where to go? Who would get the soda refills for him? I am a very important part of this road trip and I do remind him of that. Dennis shakes his head and asks for soda---see what I mean! We are still traveling parallel along  Route 66...just like the series Route 66 and we are George Maharis and Martin Milner traveling in the corvette. Dennis shaking his head again and reminds me we are in in a 15 foot Penske and hauling a car. He has no patience. At 9:45 am we cross into Lebanon Missouri and the rain starts again. Breakfast and walks and back on  the road. A dead Armadillo on the road and Dennis comments that he should have not been out on the road. Crossing into Springfield Missouri and it is 11:17 am another pit stop for the passengers and me. I do have to go sometime. Next stop at 1:15 pm for gas and snacks in Joplin Missouri. A few more dead Armadillos along the way, and yes, he said they should have stayed home like us. I hear "never again" again!  Today it seems like we are not getting too far before someone needs a stop Maybe we should cut down on drinking the water/soda. The pooches are very thirsty today and so is Dennis. Okay, Tulsa Oklahoma. Finally out of Missouri. We are on the highway so we do not see much of the cities we are passing through. It is very hot today and we are sure to drink plenty of fluids. We find a rest stop and a Mc Donald's so the passengers get their hamburgers. No problem with this person understanding what I ask for. Finally time to call it a day at 5 pm in Oklahoma City. We find a Days Inn and some take out and another storm! It does not last too long and Sherlock, Zoe and Dennis are fast asleep. It is good to stretch out on a bed and get out of the truck each night. Our days are long. Dennis did not loose his patience with me too much today...I think I drive him nuts. Oh well, what can I say. Tomorrow is another day.

11 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh the fabrics look great!
Enjoyed the journal entry too.

Parsley said...

Turned out great!

Ele said...

lovely colors you got!
I am really enjoying your journal, fantastic reading. Thank you for sharing with us

Ele said...

lovely colors you got!
I am really enjoying your journal, fantastic reading. Thank you for sharing with us

Ele said...

lovely colors you got!
I am really enjoying your journal, fantastic reading. Thank you for sharing with us

Julie said...

Got to be the end of those storms soon....just for your sanity!
Beautiful dyed fabrics.

Sally said...

Hello

Lovely fabric colours and blueberries is a lovely finish x

Ranae said...

What a fruitful day, great harvest

And This Little Pig said...

Clever girls love the cherry dye.
Libbie :@

Annette-California said...

Beautiful hand dyed fabrics Gracie. You did a beautiful job on them.
love Annette
ps I agree with you about the pricey pincushion lol. I haven't worked on mine again due to trying to get a few other projects done:)

cucki said...

Wow I love these colors so much..great dye :)
Yummy journal too.
Big hugs x