Sunday, January 19, 2014

Ready *?* to rejoin society

Oh what a week it was! Spent the week coughing, sneezing and just all out not well last week. My doctor visit yesterday clears me to go back to work Tuesday. New cough medicine for nighttime and pills for the day time and back on my inhaler for the asthma. I think, and I am saying so with toes crossed, that I am finally ready to be human again. No reading, no needles held in hand...nada....bored. But I did manage another bracelet yesterday....
the beads arrived and sat all week so I just had to do it yesterday. I love this pattern.....think I will need to make a few in different colorways. Also last weeks mail brought me a kit I ordered but I will tell you more about that tomorrow.
 I would like to tell you about a Post Office theft. A short time ago I had won a give away from Gaynor ...she emailed me to say it was on the way. Adding to my happiness that I was feeling better yesterday., I found a large envelope in the mail box from her. Happy until I opened it......no, I am not complaining of what she sent because inside the envelope was medical forms for a boy from Arizona and the card she wrote me!...the gift items have been stolen and these papers put back in and sealed back up. It is a Federal offense to tamper with the mail and tomorrow at 8AM when my Post Office Branch opens, I shall be there to file a complaint and insist on an investigation. This happened right here in Arizona, not with Customs. Strange, I phoned the number listed on the forms to the woman in Chandler, and left a message. She has not returned my call. My little grey cells tell me something is amiss here. I will keep you posted.
I must say thank you for the get well wishes sent my email and here.... sorry I have not gotten back to you but computer time was not on my mind. I shall try to get to all of you real soon. Now, time to go and relax....you would think with all the rest I got I would be feeling quite chipper...not yet.....hope you all have a spendid day.

9 comments:

Carolyn Nye said...

Grace,
Glad to know your on the mend and feeling somewhat better. I hope you start feeling much better by the end of the week.

The bracelet is beautiful. You did a splendid job. Have a good day at work on Tuesday.

Hugs,
Carolyn

Vickie said...

Glad you are on the mend Gracie.
What a lovely bracelet.
That is truly strange about the mail.

Jeanne said...

Beautiful bracelet Grace. Glad you are on the upswing health-wise. There seems to be a lot of cold and flu bugs going around.

That is awful about your stolen mail! Aaaarrggh. Many years ago when we moved into our first house we had an outgoing bill payment stolen with a check that was erased and re-written. We got it straightened out with the bank eventually but it was a royal pain. I hate crime!!

Brigitte said...

Glad to read that you are feeling a lot better by now. Must have been a terrible week not being able to tat or stitch.
Stolen mail, not new to me, unfortunately. Once a finished round robin whose last stitcher I was was stolen by a post employee. It was sent by registered mail so she obviously thought there must be money or so in the envelope.The round robin was not found again.

Sally said...

Hope you are well on the mend. Love your bracelet. It is beautiful.

Oh no that is disgusting that your package from Gaynor has been tampered with and the contents stolen. I do hope you get to the bottom of it.

Shirlee said...

I'm so sorry about the theft. I had something similar happen to me once many years ago, but when I complained to the local PO, I was told it would be best for me not to pursue anything because the postman assigned to my street was "unstable" & I wouldn't want to get on his "bad side." Unreal. I hope you get to the bottom of what happened with your situation.

Julie said...

Oh no how awful for you and Gaynor both, I hope something gets done after your complaint.

A beautiful bracelet.

Hope you are feeling much better x

Minnie said...

I don't even want to start complaining about the Postal Service, but I hope you have better luck then I did. The bracelet is beautiful. I hope you are well soon.

Andrea said...

Hope you are feeling better now. The bracelet is gorgeous.
Hope you have luck with the Post Office.