Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Playing catch-up

I was never good at playing baseball games..... not good at catching the ball is the problem. So here I am getting back into the swing of things and still behind. My first day back to work was not too bad although my 5 hour shift felt like 10 hours. The new pills for my cough are really working great so that is a plus. I have yet to pick up needle and floss or anything else for that matter....... maybe today. I have no pictures to share with you today. I am even behind on that.
Thank you for the get well wishes, they really do help. I have put my postal woe update at the end of my post so you would not have to read it if not interested. In the meantime, have a great day.
 Postal Update:
Went to speak with the local supervisor. He made a few phone calls then took my info.... name, rank address, serial number, telephone number and description of items. I could only give a hazy description. As I explained to him, it was a gift and I did not see what was being sent to me.  He was very nice and repeated a few times that he did not think any theft occurred. He feels the items will be found..... we shall see. The woman whose info was in my envelope still has not returned my call... In the meantime, I asked sweet Gaynor if she could send me a photo of what was in the package so I could properly identify my items when they find them.... and she did. Oh she sent me wonderful items. The supervisor told me someone would be contacting me..... so the mystery continues and I will hang in limbo.

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Well HE sounds hopeful, so we will hope the items turn up. That would be fantastic.

Julie said...

Positive and hopeful thoughts that your items turn up, such a sad experience with the postal service.
Nice to read your cough meds are working, hope you are soon feeling completely healed and enjoying your crafts again.

Woman Seeking Center said...

Hi Gracie - SO glad you're feeling a bit better! Remember to keep resting as much as possible (hard as I know every fiber of your being wants to 'catch up' on everything, lol) But do rest so you can fully recover.

Don't despair totally on the parcel being found/delivered. I once posted a teacup (vintage one of a kind) from my shop and it was lost. WEEKS later it turned up at her door with no clear idea of who/what/when/where/why lol. But it did - long after I and the buyer had despaired. I hope that's how it goes for you too!

Hugs
Issy

stitchersanon said...

Glad you are feeling better. It is a mystery: why on Earth would someone remove some items and then put something else in the envelope? Much easier to just steal the lot and blame it on lost post. Anyway, I will make it up to you but I hope they manage to find it all.

stitchersanon said...

Glad you are feeling better. It is a mystery: why on Earth would someone remove some items and then put something else in the envelope? Much easier to just steal the lot and blame it on lost post. Anyway, I will make it up to you but I hope they manage to find it all.

Minnie said...

I'm glad your good health is returning and as much as you also want your gift items returned, please don't hold your breath. I sent some stitched squares for a charity, they had a tracking number and got lost, the tracking just stopped. I was told to relax they would turn up, this was last April still nothing.

And This Little Pig said...

Hey Gracie, yes don't faint it's me! I have missed so much and had a spare five seconds so I know what you mean by being behind.

I do miss blogging, and really must try and make some time.

Hope you and DH had a wonderful Christmas/New Year, and I actually have some good news so should blog.

Shouldn't I?

Will try and call in more often...

LiBBiE in Oz, with Meah, Quincy & Co

Heather said...

Hope your items turn up, it would be nice to get them at last. Sometimes it takes so long to get through the work day and others are too short to do much! Go figure!

Carolyn Nye said...

Grace,
I do hope they find the package and the person behind this. This is so upsetting and I am sorry you are having to deal with this.

I think the postal system is not the same. We have been in this house for 4 months and I did a change of address way before we officially moved in. Since we are doing some fix ups in the other house to get it ready for a rental, I was over there for Christmas and happened to find a package that a relative had sent. I was like what????? I went to the post office and they basically told me it wasn't the carrier. They tried to blame it on UPS! I told them it came from the post office as that is what was on the package. Anyway I didn't want to argue just politely thanked them for their time. Anyway I wish you luck..
Hugs,
Carolyn

butterfly said...

Hope you are feeling better.
I am still waiting for a box off my friend posted end of November ! hugs.