Thursday, January 9, 2014

I did it

I know, we should not be a bragger....should not boast about what we did. When one of my managers gave me a copy from a 1917 Needlecraft magazine with tatted medallions and edgings, I decided that I had to make this particular motif.......
I took me a few tries but I did it! The directions are written for someone who knows what they are doing...not very explicit, and the photo not the greatest. So, I wrote it out, enlarged the photo and went from there. I no longer feel like a novice. I have not washed trimmed or starched it yet, but it looks pretty nice. I can't wait to show it to my MOD Joyce today. So today I will pat myself on the back and look to make it again. Yes again, that way it will reinforce what I did and I can re-write my directions better.
Our sky is so overcast this morning....but the air is so clear.  I have work for the next two days then I plan to re-organize the garage. Sounds crazy, but once a year I take apart the garage storage areas and cupboards and re-organize them and clean up. Mr H has a habit of using and doing but not putting things back orderly. It is the time to toss out things too. This weekend is the Barret Jackson Car Auction and the Home Show... we are trying to decide which to attend. There is also a Native American Exhibition....too many choices. Thanks for stopping by and letting me brag a bit. Thank you for the kind words too. Have a great day.

13 comments:

Vickie said...

It truly is gorgeous!Well done.

Minnie said...

You deserve to brag a little, it looks really good.

Lee said...

Bragging was well worth it, loved your piece well done. what is it with January the need to sort and clean, a fresh start? I di the back porch and cupboard yesterday

Cardygirl said...

The tatting is beautiful!

Simply Victoria said...

Quite pretty!

Brigitte said...

Oh Gracie, this is just wonderful, so delicate. Great finish.
Tossing out things and decluttering, something I really like to do, too. Just not now - too much stitching going on right now.

Shelly said...

You just beat your drum! I don't think you're a novice anymore either. This is the time when all sorts of great shows come around. I'm looking forward to the Renaissance Festival in Apache Junction in February and March. Have an excellent day!

Silverlotus said...

Wow! It is so beautiful. Great work. You are right to be proud. ;)

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

THATS fabulous! I have tried this before, and I can never ever get it right! I'm proud of you!

Julie said...

Round of applause to you ... its beautiful.

Sally said...

Wow that is so pretty.

Carolyn said...

Grace,
That is a beautiful finish. I know you haven't been feeling well. I haven't seen any postings from you for a bit. I hope your starting to feel better.
Hugs,
Carolyn

Barb said...

Wow Gracie!! That is sooo pretty!
Great job! Was it hard??
Barb :)