Sunday, December 29, 2013

One thing leads to another

Have you ever started to do one thing and before you realize what you are doing, you are into something entirely different? I decided to find a small container to put a few items in on our sofa table and all of a sudden I was putting the Christmas Village away and then if I was doing that why not this and then that and now Christmas decorations and trees are all away. Mr H woke up in time to help me get it all into the top cupboard in the garage and seal the tree boxes. I am ready to settle down for the rest of the day. Yesterday we decided to go to Scottsdale for late lunch and also to walk around Kierland Commons shopping area. As it happened we parked around the corner from Z Gallerie -------- look who is the newest member of the Horton House-----
Sylvia...... isn't she just too cute.  She enjoyed lunch with us at The Cheesescake Factory. Just another lovely day this holiday season. Then this is what guided us home as we headed West...
The sky was ablaze! I can get lost in these sunsets. The temps are cool and the sky is hot with color. Do you have New Years Eve plans? We never go out but rather enjoy seafood and a good movie at home. Whatever your plans be safe if you are out driving.
Time for me to have a cup of tea and a snack...we generally eat a late lunch early dinner on Sundays. Glad we had time to visit and I thank you for your kind words and friendship.
Have a great day.

15 comments:

Cardygirl said...

The sky looks beautiful! I am easily distracted at times too, but it must be nice to know all your Christmas things are packed away safely. Happy New Year to you!

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

All our Christmas is down too. Sort of sad :( but I like clean slates and always see this time of the year as one to wipe it all clean!
Love your new friend!

Bernice Geroulis said...

love the sunset picture. Happy New Year to you

Sheila said...

The sunset is beautiful. Love the bear as I love all bears, my weakness.Have a very Happy New Year!

Simply Victoria said...

Sylvia is darling! Gorgeous sunset photo.

Mrfisher said...

Hello cousin! Greetings from RI:) Just got off the phone with your mom, my Auntie and she said to contact you. I tried through facebook but had no success. DO NOT know how I found you here but I LOVE it! Stay in touch Happy New Year!!!!

butterfly said...

I never take my Christmas things down untill after the New Year, then I am ready,
We stay in too, I really don't like New Years Eve so we have a glass of wine and watch TV, and have a nice dinner New Years day . Happy New Year.

Heather said...

Can you come over and help with my Christmas stuff Gracie? LOL. I love your new bear, bring her to!

Julie said...

An adorable new friend. Love the sunset. New Years Eve will be quiet, hubby and I with a movie and maybe a box of choccies to munch our way through.

ginnyt said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Andrea said...

Wow that sky! Awww cute bear.


Happy New Year.

Gillie said...

Then come and help me, please! Love Sylvia, no wonder she came home with you. We will be having some fizz and smoked salmon at home then a small Open House on the first. Hope you can drop in, grin! Happy New Year, Gracie!

Sally said...

Happy New Year Gracie. We'll just be having a quiet evening at home watching a little TV and maybe play on the games console. Places are always so packed so would rather stay home.

Brigitte said...

If it was only me the tree would be down by now as well, but my husband wants to keep it until January 6, as it's the tradition here.
We'll also stay at home today, have a nice dinner and then watch a movie. And I'll be stitching, lol.
Have a great 2014, Gracie!

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

I hope 2014 proves to be a good year for you and yours!