Thursday, January 2, 2014

A finish for a New Year start

To me it seems that 2013 was a quick year. It wasn't a bad year just another time to reflect on. I had a wonderful end of year with Mr H.... we enjoyed some fun times that were unplanned and it was also a relaxing time. It seems to be a good way to end and begin a year. The end of 2013 also brought me a re-connection with a cousin back in RI. and the beginning of 2014 found me with Sweet Jeanne at 8 AM stitching and chatting. Now, tell me, isn't that a great way to start the year stitching with a friend? I am working on one of the Alphabet Dolls and she is starting a pretty bird on a floral branch. When I returned home...a matter of walking out of her yard and into my courtyard.... I baked a strawberry cake. Now don't think how creative I was in the kitchen, it was a box mix but oh so delicious later last night. We enjoyed a quiet NYEve with shrimp, lobster tail and fresh picked tomatoes from our garden. Then we settled back with a Marilyn Monroe movie. Last night the movie was Funny Girl with Audrey Hepburn.... love old musicals. I also finished my Dream catcher project....
Really pleased. It finished just as I wanted it to. And yes, I made some changes.  The charms and beading as well as feathers hanging loosely. I was happy to find the brown paisley fabric in my stash for the backing and I attached the description/meaning of a Dream catcher to the back. I have a purchased Dream Catcher hanging in my house but wanted to make one of my own too. I would love to send one of you a Dream Catcher....all you have to do is comment on this post telling me that you would like to be included in the drawing. The drawing will be on January 12th.....
Off to work today. It is always so nice to have you visit and I thank you for the kind words and above all for your friendship. Have a wonderful day.

8 comments:

Carolyn Nye said...

Grace,
What a gorgeous Dream Catcher. I love the beading. Your work is so stunning. It sounds like you had a great New Year's Eve. The cake sounds delicious. I am the box type of cook myself.

Please include my name in the drawing. The Dream Catcher would look lovely in my living room as it is all southwest. I could include it with my stitched Indian Maiden and stitched Spiritdancer!

p.s. still working on the pincushion. Hopefully I will have it completed this weekend!

Lisa said...

Sounds like your New Year's Eve evening was wonderful - relaxing with yummy foods to enjoy! I have always been intrigued by dream catchers and would love to be entered into your contest. Hope you have a great day! Take care.

Shirlee said...

Sounds lovely Gracie! Which MM movie did you watch?

Janet said...

The dream catcher is really beautiful and it's so generous of you to give one away. My granddaughter makes simple ones and we all love them.

Brigitte said...

You started the new year in the perfect way - relaxing and stitching. Just like me.
Love your dream catcher, it looks gorgeous.

Chookyblue...... said...

very interesting......but you probably can't send it to Australia..........

Julie said...

Your dream catcher is so beautiful Gracie. I would love to be entered into your drawing please. ( but only if you don't mind posting to the UK if I was lucky enough to win, I know how expensive postal charges have become).
Thanks x

SoCal Debbie said...

Happy Stitchy New Year, Gracie! How nice to start the new year off with a finish!