Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Oh look at what I have done...

Had the day off yesterday... that means being busy with my needles of any kind.
I finished another tiny motif
Just love these! Not sure what to do with them.... a collage maybe. I think it is good practice at this point. As soon as my new stash of tatting threads arrive.... maybe today.... I will make a few more. I want to try the size 20 thread. Right now I have been using size 30.
 We had 2 days of rain and it was wonderful. Although at times it was a heavy downpour and there was some local flooding, it was great to have it. It is amazing how fast it floods around here.
I would like to introduce...The Witch to you
She is so cute. I did her apples in 2 shades of seed beads...had the perfect fabric for her backing, added a piece of lace for her apron and wisps of hair. She finished just as I pictured her. I made her felt hat removable.... just because. Let me tell you about her.... when I saw her, I immediately thought of Snow Whites witch. Yes, I know, she was dressed all in black. I saw the apple in her hand and the scene from the movie whizzed by in my mind. I did change the bottom border and left out the wording. I really like making them more to me. The next doll will be another Alphabet one...the pink one and yes,  I will not stitch the letter on her.... already have changes plans for her too.
Now, on to the Traveling Pattern...
I finished it to be the cover of my Blogger Address Book.  I found these pearls in my bead cupboard and thought they looked nice. I did stitch this with the listed DMC threads on 28 count cherry dyed linen. Now it is time for this sweet pattern to travel. So, if you are interested in stitching it for yourself or as a gift, please leave a comment telling me that you would like to be in the draw. I will pick a name this Sunday.... it is a quick stitch and even with the DC threads, it is pretty. Of course, you can change the colors to suit you. Will you be next?
As usual, I have loved your visit with me today. Your kind words and emails are always so nice. Hope you have a wonderful day.

14 comments:

cucki said...

Aww sweet witch..I love her ❤❤❤
Pretty tatting too.
Sending you love x

butterfly said...

Love your tatting and your doll.
So happy you had some rain hugs.

meggie said...

Beautiful tatting and your witch is brilliant!

Julie said...

Mrs witch is wonderful.
A great idea fir the travelling pattern, I already have it so please dont include me in your drawing.

Denise said...

Your stitching is awesome! Please include me in your drawing for the pattern.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Heffroberts said...

I just wanted to let you know that I think your tatting, stitching, and photography are exquisite. It's such a pleasure seeing your posts.

Annette-California said...

Your Witch looks awesome! Her hat is Perfect and what a beautiful finish you did making her a doll. Love all her trims too:) Pretty snowflake Gracie. I would love to be included for "Friends are like Angles", yours looks beautiful and the beads are a lovely added touch.
love Annette

Anthea said...

Hi Gracie, your Witch looks just so lovely, what a great make she is! Well Done!
I would love to be in the draw for the Travelling Pattern, thanks for the chance, what a great idea... x

ginnyt said...

your witch is so cute!!! nice job.

Brigitte said...

That little witch is a real sweetie. I love how you made your changes just the way you like it. She's looking gorgeous.
Don't include me in te draw. There's alrady another travelling pattern coming my way.

CalamityJr said...

Not only is that a wonderful pattern to stitch for a friend, I love what you're making with it! Please include me. I promise to stitch reasonably quickly and then pass it on!

Sally said...

The witch is so sweet. Love your tatting too.

Love how you've finished the travelling pattern. Please don't include meas I've already stitched this one.

Stitching Noni said...

Gracie, your witch is a treasure. I love how her hat is removable :)
What a great finish idea for the "friends" pattern. I have been recently looking for the perfect address book to use for blogger friends and now you have given me the spark of an idea :) thank you
I would love to stitch this one and continue its journey as a travelling pattern :)

Kaisievic said...

Hi Gracie, please count me in the draw for the Travelling Pattern. Cute witch, too.