Monday, September 9, 2013

Just 1 1/2 inches

Another cloudy start to the day...temps are not too bad this morning. It is only 79 right now and only expected to be 97...but oh the humidity. I have a follow up visit with the podiatrist this afternoon and I do not plan to do much of anything else. Well, except stitch of course. I am just about finished stitching the traveling pattern but I did finish tatting this
it is the first motif in the new tatting book I bought, Tatting with Rings by Jon Yusoff. It measures....just 1 1/2 inches. There are 8 patterns in the book and only one that I may not do...so happy to have found this wonderfully written pattern book. If you have a chance visit her blog. Just click her name above.
I am so glad you enjoyed the Pueblo Museum (my last post). No matter which direction we drive, I never tire of the beauty around me.
Have you noticed the SSCS logo on the right sidebar? Oh once again, for my third time I will be participating in Chooky's Secret Santa Christmas Swap. I received my partner's name and visited her blog so I could "meet" her. I have an idea of what to do and look forward to getting it all together.  What a task it is for Chooky to set this all up! The list of participants is long!
I am hoping to sew up The Witch today and tomorrow you will see the Traveling Pattern piece as well as The Witch. I may even get to sew up another finish that is lurking in the closet. Even though I am in wonderful air conditioning, it has been so hot that I have less ambition. I know, that probably sounds crazy. I did have enough ambition to order some tatting thread yesterday..... wish I could get it locally. Thank you for taking the time to visit...always enjoy hearing from you. Have a great day.....
         Friends are kisses blown to us by angels...(author unknown)

11 comments:

Shirlee said...

Another lovely motif Gracie!

meggie said...

Beautiful tatting (:

cucki said...

Wow so pretty x

Heather said...

Love the new motif, now what are you doing with all of these?

CalamityJr said...

You're becoming a pro at tatting! This new finish is beautiful!

Julie said...

Lovely and delicate

Angela P said...

Lovely tatting finish!

Teresa said...

Your tatting is coming along so wonderfully, love the little piece.

Kaisievic said...

Your tatting is amazing - so delicate. Stay cool and stitch long!

Ma Teakettle said...

Your tatting is just amazing, Gracie, and so tiny...how do you do it? Gorgeous :) I can't wait to see all of the motifs as you finish them (no pressure lol)

Hugs
Ma

Simply Victoria said...

Your teeny tiny tatting is so sweet.