Saturday, September 14, 2013

A motif and a BBD

Saturday, my end of the week day. My weekends start on Sunday as I am off both Sunday and Monday each week. Mr H and I are just waiting for the cooler weather to arrive. We would be happy with 90 for a few days! The yard needs attention and the plants are so tired from the heat. What it does mean is that I really have time to stitch and I will never complain about that. Yesterday the Postman delivered a package from Linda Oja who was my BBD exchange partner...
Linda covered a box for me and made a pin pillow. She included a bag of assorted buttons which I always like to have and a beaded kit. Thank you Linda for your thoughtfulness. Hope my partner will be receiving her package soon....I really enjoy exchanges.


 I tatted another motif on a ring...

 my sleeping angel is watching over it. This little angel has been with me since forever.... many years. The motif is just under 2 inches and is with lavender thread and white. I am having trouble finding 23mm plastic rings... can only get 20mm and 25mm. I would like to make a few larger motifs on the rings. I may have to go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby....shh, don't tell my MOD's. We do not have them at Jo Ann's.

I have had a question about my Blogger address book and I will post about that tomorrow and about the nice tote bag I put together for my tatting. Something to take along when I go to The Debra's.
Don't forget that Sunday I will draw for the traveling pattern's next stitcher. If you are interested, leave a comment and tell me that you would like the chance to stitch it.....I just discovered this highlight thing! Well, need to get back to my tea and toast. Glad to spend some time with you and thank you for the kind words and email....have a great day.

9 comments:

cucki said...

Sweet exchange gifts..enjoy them
Sweet picture of tatting...with a angel baby..
Hugs x

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

I just found your Blog...Your Blog is so lovely and I love all of your posts...I love the way you write.

Your Exchange Stash is so pretty....I can't wait til I see what you sent your Exchange Partner.

I love your Tatting...you are a very talented stitcher and a very talented Tatter.

I am now a Follower of your Blog. I would like for you to be a follower of mine. Here is the link:

http://lindaksstitchingcorner.blogspot.com

Happy Stitching

Kaisievic said...

The tatting is sweet and lovely exchange gift.

Cardygirl said...

Great swap gifts! Love the tatting, you make some beautiful things. Hope the weather cools a little for you!

Simply Victoria said...

Pretty gifts!

Justine said...

I love the pin pillow - can't wait to see what you send in return!

Mouse said...

oooo well done on the tatting it looks lovely ... gorgeous gifts you got tooo ... and could my name be popped into the hat for the Travelling pattern please too :) love mouse xxxxxx

butterfly said...

Great exchange , love your angel and your tatting hugs.

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely exchnage gift, there are so many beautiful goodies.
Your new tatted ornament looks great!