Saturday, May 18, 2013

Ride'em Cowboy

Off to Payson AZ last night to a rodeo.... my first and definitely not the last. It was about a 2 hour ride north to Payson the temps dropped quickly and we were feeling chilly  cold as the temp registered 70! We left The Valley with temps around 95! The ride up to Payson was through the beautiful Tonto National Forest with so many giant Saguaro's. Many of them were in bloom.... sorry at this moment I have no picture to post. The Brother Alan took several so when he downloads them, I will get one to post. The events included bare back riding, calf roping, saddle bronc riding and bull riding. There was also barrel racing and steer wrestling and tie down roping. We really had a good time. I look forward to next year's event.
I have been practicing my tatting... I think I will have a nice sample to show to Debra next week. I did put a few stitches on the violets... maybe tomorrow I will have something to show for it. Everyone is still asleep... I even slept late! When I opened my eyes it was 5:30... now that is over-sleep for me. Not sure of our plans today.... Glad you spent some time with me today. I always appreciate the kind words and emails.... have a great day.

4 comments:

Angela P said...

Sounds like you had a nice time. It brings back memories of the Calgary Stampede from my childhood. Have a great week :)

cucki said...

Sound like you had a fun time..
Hugs x

Julie said...

Now that sounds like a fun outing.

Denise said...

I love watching rodeos especially the bull riding. Sounds like you are having a good time with your brother.
Happy Stitching
Denise