Sunday, March 24, 2013

The week that was....again....

I started the month of March with that nasty bug and here I am ending the month with a continuation of it! I have spent this past week back in bed and let me tell you, it was not because I was lazy or tired. This has hit me hard and long and I have my toes crossed that it is finally leaving me. I am being optimistic that this is going to be a good week. If my being sick... again... was not bad enough, my brother called to say mom had fallen and was in hospital for tests. She fell on Tuesday night around 11 PM and was not found until around 1 PM on Wednesday. I think I have my days right...I know the times are! There does not seem to be a broken hip but she can not remember the fall or anything about the event at all. So you ask about stitching? What is that... or right, that is when you put thread through needle into fabric. I think I remember... not much done on that front at all. I plan to remedy that today. I sat outside for a few hours yesterday and did manage a few xx's.  The bunnies were running all over the place and the birds were happily munching the feed sack. The bees were having difficulties though. A few of them kept falling into the bird bath and Mr H kept rescuing them with a stick. It was quite a sight. Our weather is absolutely beautiful right now. Mr H has put a few new plants around out the front and in the backyard. Spring is blooming. The Ficus tree is looking much better. I need to tend to the laundry and gather my stitching basket so I can  get outside. Thank you for stopping by and for the kind words and email. Tomorrow I will show you a RAK that I received from Dawn. Now where did I leave that bottle of cough medicine......

9 comments:

Julie said...

Get well wishes for both you and your mother, this virus seems to be making a comeback with quite a few ladies. I hope it leaves you good and proper this time. X

butterfly said...

Sorry you have not been well, hope you and your mother get better soon. hugs.

Angela P said...

I'm sorry to read that you are not feeling well again. I hope your Mom recovers quickly :)

cucki said...

I hope your mom recovers quickly..
Sending you lots of hugs x

Cardygirl said...

Hope things will now improve for you...hope you feel better and your Mum is okay.

Vickie said...

Gracie! I have been thinking of you for days, wondering. I am so sorry you were ill again. Take good care. I am sorry to hear of your mom' fall. How worrisome. I have prayed for you both.♥

SoCal Debbie said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! So scary to hear about your mother's fall and not being found for so long.

Annette-California said...

I knew something was wrong. Missed you dear Gracie:) Prayers for your mom. Wow I know my grandmother has that necklace where you push the button if you need help. I think your mom should have one. Only a suggestion. How scary for your mom.
Hope you are feeling better too. Just rest when you can. That flu bug is not nice. Did you find your bottle of cough med's?
love Annette

Shirlee said...

I'm so sorry to read about your illness & your mom's fall. I am sending prayers.