Thursday, March 28, 2013

Back to some crocheting

When I was just around 6, my Aunti Lucy taught me to crochet. From there it was to cross stitching and on to knitting then to many other crafts. I haven't crocheted in a long time. When Mr H and I were in Cave CReek recently, I visited the yarn shop and saw this and just had to make one...
It is a Bath puff.... but not for me. It will be my bath powder puff.... it is made using a German yarn, Gedifra, Fiorista Fino (cotton and polyester )...soft and lovely. Of course I love the color variation.
It only took about an hour and half to crochet. 
The pattern was free with a yarn purchase. The display puff was made from 100% cotton, but as I was not planning to use it for washing, I thought this was a better choice.
Are you all ready for Easter? Tomorrow is our Easter Blog Hop that Jo has organized so be sure to check back tomorrow for all our posts! I was moving some scrap paper around the computer desk... it always has pieces of paper that I write notes on... and I found that I still have about $11.00 left on a gift certificate from Nordic Needle! Nice surprise. It is always a nice surprise to log on to my blog and find a new friend, or two who stop by...so welcome to you and my only wish is that I had an email to welcome you..... and I must say thank you for the kind thoughts for my mom and me. We are both doing well. Of course, it still remains to be seen if I survive this week without another relapse. Seems it has been every other week and back to bed for me. Optimistic I am this week! How about a Quail update? Mrs Quail now has 6 eggs in the plant.... usually she deposits up to 10. I will have to post a picture of the plant for you...but for now, how about my violet collection. All of them are in full bloom.
Thank you fro spending some time with me today. I am off to work today and tomorrow. I hope you have a wonderful day......don't forget our Blog Hop tomorrow.

9 comments:

Vickie said...

ooOoo! Your violets are gorgeous. Good job on the crochet too. I'll be back for the Hop. So then I will see you too, cause I am part of it too. ;)

Lee said...

Love your violet collection I have just started growing them and love the colours that are available

Heather said...

Love your violet collection and I can't wait to hear more about the quail.

Woman Seeking Center said...

Beautiful violets!
And your crochet is so pretty. Reminds me of something seen you'd see in a lovely old-fashioned-decorated room...

"Timeless" comes to mind...

Such pretties (and cheerfulness) found here when I visit you, as always!

Hugs
Issy PS how are you feeling? better I hope!

Silverlotus said...

Oh, the flowers are so pretty. And I like how your bath puff almost looks like a flower too.

I hope you are doing well. ♥

Shirlee said...

Love the puff! Have a Happy Easter!

Patty C. said...

Love the violets :)

busyhands said...

Oh, I love the bath puff!! lovely color choice and great finish! :D
elena

Julie said...

Beautiful crochet, how lovely