Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A new week....

Finally feeling better.... at least I am now but we shall see how I feel at the end of my work day! Mr H and I spent the afternoon walking around Cave Creek.... found a nice western antique shop, had a bit of lunch at Harold's and just enjoyed the warm 80's temp. I must admit, I was tired by evening. I must show you a RAK that arrived Saturday...
it is from Dawn. This clippers are about 30 years in my possession. Before that they were in Mr H's tool box at Health-Tex where he worked. He set up and fixed the knitting machines there until they closed business in Rhode Island. They are a bit heavy and most fobs do not seem to "fit"...but his lovely RAK arrived from Dawn. The beads are so pretty.... and look at the end... it is a thimble. Thank you for making my Saturday bright.
Remember the Ficus tree frost damage...
it looks much better since Mr H trimmed it. The tree has been here just outside our back wall for a few years now. The frost really hit it hard despite our efforts to cover it and keep it warm with 2 spot lights. Mr H plans to keep it at a manageable height for awhile in case of more frosty winter temps. While we are chatting about nature.... Mrs Gamble Quail has decided to put her nest back into the plant in the yard! No matter that Mr H heavily covered the plant with netting. She continued to find her way in and so far has left 4 eggs. So, off came the netting for now. "But next season..." is what I heard Mr H mumble. I will let you know what happens with the nest. Our experiences over the past years have varied....
Update on Mom...she is back home. At first the doctor suggested Re-Hab, but she has done well so it is with in home care for  now. Nothing broken.... but she is quite sore still. Thank you for your kind words for her and me.... thank you for spending some time chatting today.... enjoy your day.

10 comments:

Parsley said...

Lovely RAK! How sweet to have a quail nest. Love spring and the surprises animals leave us.

cucki said...

aww such sweet rak..i love it..dawn is a very sweet friend..
spring hugs for you xx

Vickie said...

What a wonderful gift. So happy about your mother.♥

SoCal Debbie said...

Your ficus tree looks so much better! Mine got so big it was taller than the house and when the wind blew, the branches broke some tiles on the roof which let the rain leak in. I had it chopped down to a stump but it's growing back like crazy already. I also got a whole new roof!

Angela P said...

Glad to hear both you and your Mom are feeling better!

Lovely beaded fob RAK :)

Ellen said...

Beautiful fob!

Glad to know that you and your mum are doing well!

Looking forward to your update on the Quail's nest!

Hugs,

Silverlotus said...

I'm so glad to hear that everyone (and everything!) is on the mend.

And 80F? How I wish! We are around 1C today, with rain and snow mix in the forecast. I want spring! :P

Julie said...

A beautiful gift from Dawn, it looks so perfect on the clippers.

Good news that mum is home and you are feeling much better too.

Annette-California said...

Good news to hear you and your mom are feeling better. Pretty fob and I like the thimble at the end Dawn added - lovely idea. Your tree is looking much better - Mr H did a very good job.
love Annette

Shirlee said...

So glad to hear the good news about your mom! Lovely fob, lovely tree : )