Wednesday, March 6, 2013

More than a cold but less than the flu

What a week! I finally feel like joining society again. This past week was spent mostly in bed, with over the counter meds that Mr H keep bringing me and periods of napping. Yesterday was my first day back and I can tell you, it was a busy sale day and I was only too happy to return home to rest. But lots happened last week. No, not much stitching at all....
First the postman brought this..
a RAK from Patty....love it. The chenille trim is perfect as is her stitching. It certainly brought sunshine to my Saturday.  Thank you Patty for thinking about me.
I mentioned that I did not stitch much...well, I did manage to get leaves stitched on my Hardanger piece. There is just the last section to complete so I can move on. I am happy that this part will be finished. But... and I do mean but.... next is the cutting of threads and that is always the hard part. I stress over making sure I cut the right ones!
Moving ahead.... Monday I decided to venture out for a few errands with Mr H. You know, before going back to work...... I stopped at the bead shop ...
I love beading on a loom... my loom is from many years ago so I decided to get modern. This is a really nice loom to use. I just grabbed some beads that are already mixed to try it out. On the way home Mr H pulled into Best Buy and I thought, oh not today to browse around at stereo/TV stuff. But...
look what I got. I am still playing around with it, but so far so good.

Last night I was able to download a library book...get Netflix...  and find my blog. So, it will take me time, but sooner or later it will be comfortable for me to handle. I am not tech savvy. My phone is still a simple device and I have trouble at times. I do alright with the Bluetooth in the car, but remembering how to navigate phone buttons....imagine if I tried to text!
Today will be my easy day... relax... a little bit of beading, stitching and trying to figure out the tablet. Whatever you decide to do today, I hope it is enjoyable.
Thank you for the kind words and emails wishing me well this last week. I sure did miss reading your blogs. I will plan to catch up this week. Hugs to you all.

9 comments:

Vickie said...

Sorry you were ill Gracie. I hope your day is relaxing. Hope you figure out your new toy. I am not tech savvy at ALL.

Trace4J said...

Hope you feel better everyday.
Have a wonderful day.
Woolie hugs

Dawn said...

hope you feel better soon, weve had the bug making rounds at our home. Love you RAK, very nice. you will love your tablet!

cucki said...

hope you feel better soon...
love your rak so much..
hugs x

Julie said...

I'm sorry to read you have been so poorly, {get well hugs} for you soon to be back to 100%.

Such a pretty gift from a friend, lovely design.

I am also not good with technology, baffles me and just when I get the hang of it, it all changes again and I wonder why I bothered...

Minnie said...

I feel your pain as far as technology, my hubby just bought himself a new iPad and I got his old one and am still trying to make it my own with the things I like. It's a chore.

Woman Seeking Center said...

Hi Gracie!

I'm SO glad you're feeling a bit better - the cold/flu this year is harsh and difficult to shake fully. General shared info seems to be that even when back to 'life & work' recovery is speedier if you continue with resting and pushing fluids whenever possible (hard to do either of those at work I know)!

Neat shopping treasures! Loom bits, new tech and what a lovely gift in the post - all well deserved! Enjoy!

Hugs
Issy

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a gorgeous RAK to receive! WOW!!

Patty C. said...

Glad you like it Gracie! Have fun with your new gadget :)