Saturday, January 12, 2013

Yeah, the weekend is here

I have today off.... I don't mind working Saturdays, but today I am happy to be off work. Spent some time yesterday helping my MOD get an area ready for the sale starting Sunday. Lots of re-wraps and re-organizing bolts of fabric. I feel it this morning in both arms and wrists!
Remember my trip to The Attic...
 Love the threads.... to be used in an upcoming With Thy Needle and Thread project. And I just had to have the BBD --- For My Friend. Take a peek at a few of the projects in the book... a couple of cookie recipes too! Then Queen of quite a lot caught my eye by Scarlett House. It will be a nice pillow to add to my daybed.
Now, I do not have a studio, or a "sewing room" but what I do have is our guest bedroom that is always empty until someone comes to visit. So it has become my retreat/sewing room.
A comfy daybed for reading or watching TV. My sewing table folds compactly when not in use . Some of my needlework displayed on the walls, a small but full bookcase for books and shelves to display dolls and this and that. A nice large window that looks out to the front porch area (will have to show that another time...) and the closet with shelves with everything labelled. It is a pleasant place to stitch sew or just read. Mr H gladly hangs and adds shelves as needed. So, although it is not a studio or designated craft room, it is my retreat.
We are having a cold spell here in sunny Arizona. An expected freeze warning for the rest of the weekend has prompted Mr H and I to cover plants, bring others into the lanai or kitchen for warmth. We are hoping we do not loose a pretty and healthy Ficus tree just outside our back yard wall. Last night we put 2 yard spot lights into the branches and covered it the best we could from the bottom as it is a little to high for us to cover from the top. It will be a wait and see game. The day temps are in the high 50 low 60 range still. Well, I think it is time for another cup of coffee and maybe a little stitching...maybe I should take another look through For My Friend..... do you do that, just look again and again at a pretty book? Planning what to stitch first... or in this case which cookie recipe to try? It is just too darn early for all these decisions! First the brewing of my coffee then I can think better. I hope you all have a great day....

12 comments:

cucki said...

have a lovely weekend deary..
Happy stitching x

Vickie said...

Oh I like your "retreat" room Gracie. Have a good day. Rest up!

Janet P said...

Your guest room/sewing room is very tidy. It puts me to shame I go into mine for something and I always say to myself 'I really must come and tidy up'. x

Teresa said...

Your reteat room looks very comfy and inviting. Enjoy your day off.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches

Ann at Beadlework. said...

I enjoy seeing where other stitchers sit to stitch or sew, it looks a lovely relaxing place to be.

Carolyn said...

Gracie,
BBD's book For My Friend looks like a fun read and I would do the same thing looking at the picture deciding what to stitch and bake. Your picture did not show up on the blog.

Love your studio/sewing room. I wish I had a spot all to my own. Oh well I am happy with what I have.

We had a cold spell to and then a warm up then back to cold. I hope it makes its mind up.

Enjoy your cup of coffee and get some stitching in. I can't wait to see which cookies you make first.

lynda said...

What a lovely room you have! I could see that you must spend many happy hours there!

Julie said...

A very beautiful room

Gabi said...

What a great idea to use the guest room. Your room looks lovely and so cozy and gets a good use. Crossing fingers that your ficus survives.
And yes, like you I can drool and admire beautiful patterns even without stitching them ( yet)

Annette-California said...

Yes I do like to re-look at pretty books of stitching patterns. Very lovely room will all your special treasures. Have a wonderful stitching day:) love Annette

Nicola said...

What a beautiful guest room Gracie. I love your taste in interior design.

SoCal Debbie said...

You have such a beautiful stitchy guest room!