Monday, November 5, 2012

Sewing and finished!

I really set myself to finish a few things. First from last year...
This embroidery was from the 2011 Challenge. I put it away and remembered that it needed to be finally finished. I love pillows. I know, I say that I love this and that, well I do. She will sit on the daybed. Then I figured while the sewing machine was ready I should also make this pillow...
It is Patty C's Design, her first one! and I fell in love when I saw the pattern. I could not get the back fabric true to color, but if you look at the bottom of the pillow front picture, that is the lovely shade of brown and the highlighted wings are gold thread. I thought, why not use this birds fabric... Birds of a feather flock together. I added a few copper colored beads to the umbrella and the kitty collar. The colors are so nice that Patty chose that I did not change them at all. This is also on the daybed.
The other finishing was for my BBD exchange and one for a Christmas ornament exchange so they can not be seen yet. Last week was so very busy at Jo Ann's. Great sales... broke all my finger nails on the fabric bolts! Yesterday as well as today is just gorgeous outside. Mr H and I sat out on the lanai playing Farkle  and Ms Zoe slept under  the chaise. The Travelling Bunny arrived at Annette's ( from Maryland), but I have not email for her or blog info... I am sure she will let us know when it is ready to move on.  I also began reading another book ...  The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. I have only read a few  of the 548 pages! so I can not judge it yet.
A few Christmas Spiders already crawled to a few co-workers.... I would like to share some with you. So... if you would like a Christmas spider, please send me an email with your mailing address and then I will surprise a few of you! Let me know if you would like a particular color...I will also include the Legend with it. Do any of you have little ones who still believe in Santa? I would like to send some children my Reindeer food for Christmas Eve...let me know and I will also be surprising some of the children.  Email me with their names, ages and address and I will choose some of them ... all of this will be mailed out by December 1st. So, do not delay. I want to keep it all as surprises as to who gets selected. If there are any questions about any of this... I know I am beginning to question myself! just send an email to me. I am tired now, so I will have a cup of tea and sit outside and read for a while. Thank you for sitting with me this long... have a wonderful day.

13 comments:

Vickie said...

Hi Gracie. Your stitching and finishing turned out so pretty. Enjoy your evening. It is rainy here.

cucki said...

Hello deary very pretty finishes ..I love them both so much ..
Have a lovely day xxx

Fiore said...

Love your last work! Compliments.
Fiore

SoCal Debbie said...

Those are beautiful pillows!

Annette-California said...

Very beautiful pillows and great choice of fabrics and trim.
You must be speaking of another Annette right? I think shes in South Africa not sure but I know this is not me. Although way back I was one of the homes the bunny pattern visited. Enjoy the beautiful weather.
love Annette

Nicola said...

Your pillows are beautiful, well done on two great finishes.

pam said...

Great finishes!

rosey175 said...

Beautiful finishing on the pillows! The hair on the second one makes me laugh -- that's me on any rainy day for sure, hahaha. :D

Gabi said...

Beautiful finishes. Both of them. Love love love the Patty C Design piece.
I have no clue what Christmas Spiders are, but going to send you an email. Hopefully you will show them on your blog once the spiders arrived at their new home. Because I would surely want to know what Christmas Spiders are if I'm not under the lucky ones. Sounds so interesting.

Silverlotus said...

I love the pillows! I had forgotten you stitched that little stitching girl. She is so cute.

And how generous of you to offer to send out some packages.

butterfly said...

Love your pillows , the little friend one I really like so cute, hugs.

Patty C. said...

Love your finish of my design ;)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

we have reindeer food here too, the Nursery children (age 3/4) make it at school and sell it at our Christmas craft fayre. There is a little bit of glitter in it to attract the reindeer's attention from the air!

Also, an apple corer makes great reindeer teeth marks in a carrot. Just in case you need to know that!