Friday, October 12, 2012

Lost in time

Where did this week go? It seems that I am getting lost and not in space! Where is just a blur. I did hurt my hands. Well, I should clarify that statement. I did a bit of raking in the garden on Monday. I have a blister on my left hand and index and middle finger of the right hand minor abrasions. It really is not easy to stitch with band-aids on. I finally was able to stitch on PattyC's first design again... no pictures yet. It is adorable. If you have not discovered her etsy shop...do click here to see it. I did find some nice fabric yesterday before leaving work...
Why and what for...does the word sale tell you why and the what for...because. I think the medallion print will make a nice pincushion and the butterfly print just smiles to me. I am very fond of quiet prints and I think the green one will make a nice backing. I may have to pick up a few more before the weekend and the sale ends. 50% off...can't beat it.
Met a cute little boy yesterday who told me that he loves Halloween ... not because his mommy is making him wear some costume, but he is thinking about all the candy he will get. Meantime his mom is behind him nodding no no! Some of the costumes these people are making! /what happened to the days... never mind, I know; it was so long ago.
I will leave you with this picture....
Since they stopped by for breakfast, I think I will feed myself.
Thank you the kind words and the emails. So you see, I did not disappear, but thanks for checking.
I will be at work today and tomorrow, but then I will be stitching for the weekend. Our weather seems to finally be cooling down some. At least we are out of the triple digits! I am just about finished with my current book.... so a trip to the library is on the agenda. Enjoy your day.

8 comments:

cucki said...

hello deary,
very pretty fabric you found..and what a sweet picture..
have a lovely weekend xxx

Vickie said...

Ha! We have been waking up to 32º in the mornings!
My fingertips crack in the cold, dry weather. I know what it is like to try and stitch with bandages on. ;)

Nancy said...

Nice fabric you purchased, that's a great sale! Hope the blisters heal quick so you can ditch the band-aides!

Nicola said...

The thrill of choosing a new book !!

What do you like reading?

Janet P said...

Sorry to hear about your hands, hope they get better soon. The weather has been mad everywhere in the world, I would like it to get back to normal. Enjoy your new book.

Angela said...

It is difficult to stitch with band aids on....hope you heal quickly!

I love reading too :) What did you pick up?

Julie said...

I hope your hands heal quickly. Lovely pc of your feathered friends. Nice sale purchases.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Your comment about time flying these days is so true. I seem to be constantly saying this as the weeks seem to pass so quickly and the weekends even more so. Enjoy your new fabric choices, they're very pretty.