Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mom, me and Aunt Esther

When I went back to Rhode island for The Cousin's Get Together, it was so that our "now" generation would spend some time together. We are the family elders now. I would like to introduce the last of the parents of our group.
The first lady to meet is on the left. My Mom, Eva. She was married to Joe who was really Giuseppe, the 4Th in line of 6 children. Dad passed in 1985. We are 3 children;  me, Linda and Alan. The lady on the right is Aunt Esther who was married to dad's younger brother Gene (Eugene) who was 5Th in line. Uncle Gene passed in 2009. They have Anthony and Eileen. These two brothers were good friends. Many Friday nights were spent together.  Now these two sweet ladies are the in-laws who still are friends. Yes that is me in the middle. Oh it is an event being with them... both are a little forgetful and do not hear well. But look at their smiles.... positively makes up for it. The first thing my auntie said to me when she arrived that Sunday afternoon was "oh you look so pretty". I ask you, what is not to like about that! My Mom, well, she is still waiting for me to move back to RI! it has been eight years and she still thinks any day I will be back. I was pleased when Eileen gave me permission to post this picture. It was a wonderful day.

Now, the beads...
I am pleased with it. I plan to make the next with the other beads that were in the picture... last post... and then we shall see. The possibilities with these 2 holed beads is endless. My Lady is still in progress... I am really liking her. Need to find some fabric for her. You can't go wrong with Diane's designs from Little House Needleworks. Well my friends, I idea for the day is to relax and stitch and make some Christmas gift plans. Hope your day is great. Thank you for spending time with me.....

9 comments:

Trace4J said...

Three very beautiful women.
Love your beautiful handwork too.
Hugs
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Vickie said...

Oh Gracie! That is a great picture to have,isn't it!

Kaisievic said...

Lovely picture, Gracie - so good when the generations get together.

Woman Seeking Center said...

Time spent 'making memories' with those close to your heart is priceless - and a lovely pic of the group and of you Gracie!

Handsome bracelet too - as ever, looking forward to seeing more!

Hugs, Issy

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

Family is precious - you all look so happy together - I am glad you had a great day.
Love the new bracelet - you are getting very good at making them.

Julie said...

A truly lovely picture, you all look so beautiful.

Stunning beadwork.

butterfly said...

Beautiful picture , hugs.

Fiore said...

What a nice family picture!
Hugs.
Fiore

Teresa S. said...

Three beautiful ladies and a lovely bracelet!