Thursday, September 6, 2012

Lost and found

This week seems a loss for me! It started Sunday afternoon, we were driving an heard a noise coming form the right front tire... a strip had torn away! So, Monday morning was spent buying 2 new tires and that meant that the tires had to be rotated and then balanced...so a few hours later.... no real stitching.
I worked Tuesday and Mr H had a doctor appointment. Normally having only one car out here is not a problem, but his appointment ran late and I had to sit and  wait to get picked up from work...no stitching. Wednesday I had to go for routine lab work... a fasting draw. Not good for me. I usually have had a few cups of coffee/tea and something to eat by 6 am! The lab does not open until 7 AM and then you know you have to wait.Result was that I had a headache by the time it was over. The tech was very good, but today there is a good bruise and my elbow will be sore by the time I leave work. But, I did manage to get stitching in and a bracelet.
Warning...many pictures....
 Remember I told you I found some long lost projects? Peeking into a box can reveal...

A long lost Santa.... there really is not very much to finish on it. I won't even tell you the last time I worked on it! It is probably the oldest WIP around. I really should try to get it done.
Then this was in the box...
This was going to be a gift to someone... then it just did not happen. Lots to finish on this one but at least it is not as old  as Santa.
But along with these 2 projects, I came across this...
this is a wonderful Disney Character collection dated 1980. A treasure! So, peeking can be good.... or not. In this case, I am happy to have found all of this. There are a few more places I can peek into... but that will have to wait. I do not want any more WIPs!


How about the newer stuff...
The Lady is stitching up nicely. I love the dress pattern... looks like brocade. And I found time to duplicate the last bracelet in shades of Rose...
 When I was just a little girl, mom tells me that I always had jewelry on...loved wearing bracelets...still do. Guess that is why I love making them so much. I wear one everyday.
Well if you are still reading and looking, thank you. I did warn it was picture loaded. I have plenty to keep me busy... just need a few more hours in my days to get it done! If this isn't too much, I have to start my Christmas gifts! If any of you can spare a few minutes, I will gladly collect them to make more time for me to stitch... just send them my way. Have a wonderful day and as always, it was so nice to have you visit with me.

15 comments:

Vickie said...

Ha! I am looking for spare minutes myself. You really oughta finish that Santa. He is wonderful.

cucki said...

oh dear..me crazy busy here too..
wow that santa is so beautiful...i love him so much..
all your wip's are so sweet..
love for you x

butterfly said...

Hope you find some stitching time soon.
Lovely WIPS.

Emma said...

I wish I could find that Disney book! Looking high and low to find it somewhere but no luck so far.

Beautiful Santa :)

SoCal Debbie said...

What a nice find! Hurry up and finish Santa so he can be framed and up on the wall in time for Christmas!

Cardygirl said...

Sounds like a busy time at your place! Love all the projects, especially Santa...he is lovely!

And This Little Pig said...

Oh Gracie tell me all about it :@ Love Portrait of Santa and true you don't have much to do, Christmas is just around the corner :@

LiBBiE in Oz

Gabi said...

Sounds like a very busy week indeed.
Love your long lost projects. The Santa is just gorgeous. Love the little angel too.
Love to watch your lady growing. She is so gorgeous.
Have a great weekend :)

Silverlotus said...

What lovely treasures you came across! It is good to go peeking into boxes, isn't it?

Margaret said...

So many good finds in the lost basket, plenty of happy work there.
Beads they make a difference, I like bracelets, they make the ordinary look better.

Brigitte said...

Ohhhh, these long-lost projects are wonderful. I particularly love the Santa, he looks just gorgeous.
And your lady is coming along so great. Lovely project as well.
I hope the new week will provide some more stitching time for you.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Why are we all so busy these days, I often wonder what has changed. I've been thinking about starting on some Christmas gifts too and it's a scary thought.

Kathy Ellen said...

What wonderful treasures you found! That Santa looks beautiful and isn't it great that he is almost finished? The Lady really does look as though she is dressed in 'brocade'....beautiful stitching. Lovely bracelet! Hope that you find some spare hours for more stitching time:)

Julie said...

Santa is beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love the little Star Light pillow. When I was young we used to visit my Nana for tea every Wednesday and all walk home together. In the Winter it was obviously dark and I always used to say this little rhyme to myself and make a wish too! Happy memories. Thank you!