Friday, July 13, 2012

Lazy week...

I feel like this has been a lazy week...no work..until tomorrow ( Saturday). It just feels that way. I have been busy. I did complete another bag, a few pincushions, and a couple more ready to sew as well as started a gift project and completed another 100 stitches for Iris. No picture as I thought it would be boring to see more blues...next block should be a change of colors. I also worked on Needle and Thread. So in reality, I have not been lazy.
I have really enjoyed my week. It has been hot and we actually had a rain, thunder and lightening storm Wednesday overnight. I slept through the whole thing! Mr H did not. What it did was to give us terrible humidity yesterday early morning.  A few errands today and then I plan to sew. When I went out this morning with Ms Zoe, I lifted the umbrella to stand it up and out dropped a lizard. I hate when that happens! When I opened the garage door to get the newspaper, one almost scurried into the garage. I hate when they get in! I prefer to see them across the yard or in the front courtyard....not in my paper, umbrella or garage. Here is a question for you experts....why is it that sometimes when I leave a comment here or there, my usual icon does not appear? Instead, a circle with a line across does! I tried to search through Blogger help...no help....
Well, enough of this. I really need some granola and my coffee. Thank you for visiting today and I look forward to your return. I love your comments and opinions and emails. Hope you have a wonderful Friday the 13th.....are you superstitious too?

9 comments:

Patty C. said...

Hi Gracie - I am glad you have had a good week.
Your pincushions are gorgeous & i bet your lizard is cute - lol

CalamityJr said...

You have had an extremely productive week - just look back at earlier posts! Everything is beautiful, but the bag is to die for.

Superstitious? I note the date or event, but they don't bother me; if anything, this being Friday the 13th is just a reason to plan on it being an extra special 24 hours!

Vickie said...

No, not superstitious at all.
I could not handle surprise lizards Gracie! NO way!! Aaaahhh!
Doesn't it feel great to have a productive week? :)
Send rain storm to Wisconsin please!

belle said...

Hello

Just found your blog.
You have some lovely stitching on here.

Woman Seeking Center said...

Hi Gracie!
Gosh you made me laugh with "I opened the umbrella and a lizard fell out - just hate it when that happens" I literally laughed out loud :-) Not that nearly having a lizard fall upon you is funny - just one of those regional-pest-situations.

HERE in the NE it's racoons tipping over everything, and possums appearing curled up in unexpected places (like my watering can, lol) Not as off-putting as falling from overhead :) but sure startled me!

What a productive week you've had! Just so different when you're able to do more of sewing/things you enjoy....

Sure wish we'd have some rain here. Soooooo dry, things are looking sad and/or bad and so little snow this winter for spring melt that we need (as so many) a good few days of rain.

Enough of my rambling -
Till next time!

Chookyblue...... said...

sorry can't help you with your blog problem........you can keep the lizards.........hope you get some more rain and it cools down..........

Yana Hanim said...

I hate Lizard too, no matter where they are :) I hope the weather will get more pleasant for you, gracie :)

Kaisievic said...

Nope, don't get lizards dropping out of umbrellas in Oz, just sometime redbacks on the dunny seat! (translation: a redback is a very poisonous spider and a dunny is a Aussie slang term for a toilet. In the old days of outdoor toilets it was a common occurrence).

Anne said...

I've been having a lazy week too...sometimes it's good!! Aw, you had a lizard peeking out from your paper! Maybe he was reading about the fires in Siberia?!?! I think they're cute! But not sure how I would feel if they were everywhere|!!