Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A bag, pincushions and 100 stitches

I have been busy....I completed 100 more stitches for Iris.....
I am now up to 36 of 90 colors and starting to see more than blues....
I really looks much better in person.

I also used that wonderful blue floral material...
 I love how this one turned out. I added about 1 inch in depth and lengthened the handles to be over the shoulder. While I was at it, I re- did the handles on the green floral also. On this one, I used the inside fabric for the yoke and handles for the contrast. Love it!
 And then there was a freebie from Kaaren....from The Painted Quilt .

I fussy cut the fabric and love how they finished. The light pink one is for a co-worker who did me a favor. She is a sewer and an absolutely sweet lady. I think she will like it. I can see m,ore of these on my sewing table ready to cut and sew.

Okay, I am ready for breakfast and a cup of coffee then off to work today. In for 11am out by 4 pm. I really do have great hours. I do hope you all have a great day. Thank you for chatting with me today and so many other days.

9 comments:

thegreytail said...

they all look absolutely lovely!!
great great job!

Janet P said...

Lovely lovely freebies, well done you.

Jennifer M. said...

Lovely projects Gracie. Nice and slow is the way to go on those HAED's. You can easily get overwhelmed working on them with all those colors.

Jen

Denise said...

By golly - that 100 stitches thing really works! I'm going to have to try this on one of my UFO's. The cushions look great!

bettsylyn (Lynda) said...

Your pincushions are wonderful - so effective! And your bag is lovely too. You have been very busy.

geeky Heather said...

Iris is really looking pretty. That bag is AWESOME!! I can't sew at all, so I am very impressed. And those pincushions are ADORABLE...I love the way the flowers and leaves cluster together on the top and bottom.

Anne said...

Gorgeous bag and pincushions! Love your HAED progress too! The blues and purples are so pretty!!

Sally said...

Your pincushions are gorgeous and I love the bag!

Lovely progress on your HAED.

Mangogirl said...

Lovely stitching and stunning hand bag. I love bags!