Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Our special day

We have lived and loved together through many changing years;
We have shared each others gladness and wept each others tears.
(Chas Jeffreys)

Dennis said~~~~~I do
Grace said~~~~~~I do
Today we say I love you~~~~ 42 years of love, friendship and respect.
I would not trade one day of these last 42 years....well, maybe a few! We met and fell in love at first sight...it is true.  After only 2 weeks we decided to get married and the rest is history.

The kid brother left yesterday....we had a great week. Museums, glider riding, wine tasting, shopping, delicious meals,  wonderful talks, and some time for just the two of us mixed in. We are 11 years apart.... but yet close in our hearts.

Just look at this magnificent work! It was on display at The Desert Caballeros Museum in Wickenburg. I sometimes can't keep track of my few cross stitch needles! So beautiful.
Well, I really must get back to my laundry..... and my HAED Iris.... which is coming along.
The day is very overcast and much cooler. The temps have been in the low 100's last week....so this is a nice change. It is alwasy a pleasure to chat with you. I will be getting back to visiting everyone and will have time to comment. Thank you for your kind words.....have a wonderful day.


23 comments:

Nic said...

Happy Anniversary - congratulations on 42 years!

valerie said...

Happy Anniversary! How sweet! I hope you both have a wonderful day!

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Mr H.
Have a lovely day.

lynda said...

So glad you had such a nice visit with your brother. I know how hard it is when family is so far away. Congratulations on your anniversary! I hope you have a wonderful day making more memories to share. Hugs...

Minnie said...

Congratulations on 42 years of marriage and I wish you many more to come. Enjoy the day.

Mouse said...

many congratulations on you wedding anniversary .. that is a wonderful feat of time :) and your photo is gorgeous :)
love mouse xxxxx

geeky Heather said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Happy anniversary to you both. =)

Vickie said...

Hooray! Congratulations to you both! Glad you had a great visit with your brother. :)

Daffycat said...

Wishing you a very happy anniversary and many happy returns!

Cardygirl said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! It must have been lovely to have your brother visit too...special times.

milly said...

Happy Anniversary Gracie and Mr H.

So glad you enjoyed your brother's stay.
That lace looks fantastic. I love to see all the bobbins laid out like that - makes me itch to try it!

Carol said...

Congratulations on 42 years, Grace--wishing you both many more lovely years together :)

Terri said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

Sheila said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary!

Nancy said...

Hope you are having a wonderful anniversary!

Vicky said...

Happy Anniversary :)

CalamityJr said...

Happy anniversary! You deserve the best, and I'd say you both found it in each other!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Happy Anniversary!
Wishing you many more years of love and happiness!

Stitching Noni said...

Happy Anniversary!

Sally said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!

Annette-California said...

Happy Anniversary to you Grace and Mr. H. I loved reading how you both met:) Best wishes to you...

dulcinella said...

Happy anniversary! Wishing you both a lot more years of living together in love and friendship.

Lelia said...

Happy Anniversary!

Wow, the bobbin lace project (museum) looks interesting.

I've tried bobbins. I am not very good at it. Someday, I'll try another pattern