Saturday, March 10, 2012

The end of the week~~~~

~~~~and the start of a new project.
Before that, look at this lovely Pansy with the sunlight setting it aglow ...
I love them ... the ladies of the garden. We have a few pots with different colors, but this is so eye catching.

Now back to the project....
A Penny Rug Mat. Finally I decided to just do it. Stop with the I will and just do it. Well, to be truthful, I hated the thought of cutting circles and trying to have them exact. So remember the circle cutter I bought earlier this week?.....
Olfa Circle Rotary Cutter...and did it make it super simple. That is as soon as I was able to get the hang of it. I did a few practice cuts before starting this.

 the blade is super sharp as is the pivot point. It adjusts from 1 and 7/8ths to 8 1/2 inch circles. The fabric is for the backing. I chose black for the mat center and the light grey/charcoal and burgundy for the pennies.

I have had the last 2 Saturdays off...wouldn't mind being home today so I can start this. We have been really busy this week so I don't think that will happen. No plans for the weekend...how about you? It was so nice of you to take time  to visit with me today...I enjoy you comments and will stop by to see you all later. Have a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Gracie, I will be watching this project develop, looks interesting to be sure. I love pansies. My favorite flower. :) That one is a beauty.

Daffycat said...

Ooo, a circle cutter! I didn't know there was such a thing. I always wondered how people got such nice circles...

milly said...

Hello

Lovely pansy picture, they are one of my favourite flowers.

I've never seen one of these cutters before so will enjoy watching your project grow.

Mouse said...

oooo can't wait to see this one get further and coo circle cutters mmmm may need to get one ..lol love mouse xxxx